Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The Analyst, Business Metrics & Analysis will analyze and deliver more complex business analytics, metrics & predictive modeling to support goals and objectives for the his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. S/he will act as a resource for stakeholders and provide consultative advice & analytic support to advance growth and profitability initiatives and deliver meaningful business results.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leverages metrics and predictive & other analytics to support business objectives and achieve desired results, including profitability & persistency
- Builds more complex models and delivers results to business area management; addresses any questions and/or requests for refinement of models
- Builds a variety of models, evaluates & proves model results; offers solutions to business questions/issues based on analysis
- Advances meaningful utilization of data for processes and systems within the organization by extracting knowledge or insights from data in various forms, either structured or unstructured
- Educates the business to promote adoption and usage of data analytics to further business insights
- Consults with management & business stakeholders on use of quality business analytics, tools, and market information for approaches & opportunities
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets current & emerging developments/business trends; presents information to management
- Collaborates with IT & other stakeholders to evaluate current state of data; supports the development of tactical plans to improve data management and resolve technical challenges impeding data availability, quality, metric consistency and credibility
- Supports the development and implementation of a business analytic framework to include forward-looking metrics and insights
- Creates dashboards & scorecards utilizing existing and newly developed metrics and performance monitoring systems to provide management with quantifiable gauges of business results and impact of plans and tactical initiatives
- Recommends process improvements to ensure effective, standardized analytical processes
- Reviews and critiques technical designs and recommends enhancements to various current systems or those under development
- Serves as a resource to management and stakeholders on capabilities and/or system limitations; recommends remediation plans
- Participates in projects for analytics and predictive & other modeling integration and implementation
Education & Experience
- 4 Year/Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) (Minimum Required)
- 3 - 5+ Years of experience in analytics within the financial services industry, including design & implementation of forward-looking metrics to support & optimize business objectives (Required)
- 3 - 5+ Years of experience with Excel/Pivot Tables (Required) VBA (Preferred)
- 1 - 3+ Years of experience with Tableau (Preferred)
- 1 - 3+ Years of experience with robotics process automation (Preferred)
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.