Alternate Locations: Concord, NH (New Hampshire); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the Consultant, Project Manager, you will consult and analyze and deliver on more complex assignments and projects for Lincolns Life Solutions Underwriting & New Business Technology area. You will also act as a resource to applicable internal and external stakeholders. This position is responsible for establishing and leading more complex enterprise-wide, cross-functional initiatives and leads a variety of different projects.
- Develops and executes more complex effective project management throughout the project development lifecycle, including but not limited to: project planning, resource planning, change management and communications planning, managing changes to scope
- Ensures that the project schedule is accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized changes.
- Manages & delivers more complex projects conforming to project management standards & processes as designated by his/her assigned area of responsibility, including applicable change control & project management methodology
- Leverages knowledge of the project plan to ensure that it is accurate, updated and reflective of authorized changes.
- Provides consultation with project owners and appropriate stakeholders to manage project quality.
- Collaborates effectively with management & appropriate project stakeholders on more complex issues & conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality & risk of assigned projects.
- Analyzes assigned project &/or program plans to validate if project outcomes will meet the business needs & align/support operational plans/objectives. Recommends mitigation plans.
- Consults with project owners & appropriate personnel to manage project quality & cost
- Identifies more complex project resourcing needs & facilitates the procurement of needed hardware, software & human resources for the project.
- Monitors & evaluates more complex projects progress & performance against the project plan & develops more complex mitigation plans.
- Utilizes influence skills to help achieve desired business outcomes. Identifies & resolves more complex project issues to minimize delays.
- Facilitates project communications with sponsors & other leaders/contributors.
- Serves as a resource to team members & applicable internal/external stakeholders on project management best practice standards, templates & practices.
- May serve as a mentor & share knowledge with project managers & project team members.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- PMP, PgMP, CAPM, PMI-ACP preferred
- 3 - 5+ Years of experience in Project Management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Power Point skills creating and presenting material
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 25%
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.