Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction in leading the team responsible for the implementation of the Agile transformation within Lincoln. They will work closely with Senior stakeholders in various line of business to identify and transform efforts to be delivered using Agile frameworks. Successful candidates for this role should have the ability to drive Agile awareness, mindset, capability and evangelize adoption across the enterprise. They must demonstrate a deep knowledge and understanding of Agile concepts, practices, and principles and have extensive hands-on experience implementing Agile at an enterprise level.
- Facilitates enterprise wide events to identify and drive opportunities for Agile transformation
- Mentors teams on specific efforts to transition from classic waterfall to an agile model
- Provides guidance and coaching to business and functional leaders on how to drive a culture of collaboration and learning using Agile values, mindset, principles, and practices
- Provides senior management and stakeholders status updates, feedback, and other relevant insights
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging practices for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends in current and future solutions
- Directs and enhances enterprise organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Provides input to budget and manages schedules for assigned initiatives
- Identifies dependencies and removes impediments to scrum teams progress
- Serves as Scrum Master for the enterprise Agile Transformation team
- Facilitates core Agile ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Demo, Retrospective and Backlog refinement).
- Reports on initiative metrics
- Manages internal and external communication, improves transparency, and communicates information throughout the organization
- Fosters assigned teams to self-organization; ensures and supports empowerment of the team
- Facilitates discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Keeps the teams focused on achieving goals
- Coaches teams to support Agile adoption and application of principles
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in IT or related business field (Minimum Required)
- CSM and/or Agile Certifications preferred
- 5 7+ Years of experience as a scrum master leading multiple software development project teams to deliver high-quality software solutions using Agile techniques (Required)
- Agile coaching experience strongly preferred
- Thorough understanding of multiple SDLC methodologies with an emphasis on Agile
- Experience managing multiple teams simultaneously in an Agile environment, including onsite and remote team members
- Experience managing product and sprint backlogs, and executing effectively and efficiently using Agile techniques such as Scrum or Kanban
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Experience with Scrum Coaching of assigned scrum teams
- Strong experience in managing multiple custom software development efforts
- Knowledge of enterprise Agile management tools, such as VersionOne
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information #LI-KM1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.