Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As a Project Manager within Human Resources, you are responsible for the successful implementation projects that are critical to organizational and enterprise strategic objectives. The Project Manager leads project teams through planning and execution, and monitors and controls the project through the project lifecycle. You will rely on your project and Human Resource experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Lead cross-functional projects
- Conforms to and advocates Lincoln Financial project management standards and processes, including change control and project management methodology
- Plan, execute and control projects through the project development lifecycle
- Proactively monitor and control all project aspects and provide corrective actions to appropriate stakeholders
- Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones, and resources required to meet project objectives
- Documents and completes all project management deliverables required by the project
- Resolves issues, proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective actions when necessary and implements risk response plans to manage risk
- Manage program/project scope, schedule and cost, following an established change management process
- Assist with project procurement activities – requests for information, requests for proposal, contract negotiation
Teamwork and Communications
- Facilitates project communications at all levels for all project logistics.
- Measures, tracks, and communicates project performance
- Manage project staffing efforts
- Work with Project Owners, other Project Managers and all leads to manage project quality and completeness
- Facilitate project communications, working with sponsors and other leaders/contributors
- Work with the project team and key stakeholders to identify issues and risks, and to implement correction action plans or risk response plans as appropriate
- Work with assigned Program or Project Managers to complete program/project deliverables
- Utilize influence skills to help achieve project results
- Support the development of the Project Management practice through various leadership and continuous improvement initiatives
- Coordinate project audit responses and other assurance activities.
- Assist the PMO Leader with Portfolio Management activities include but not limited to planning, reporting, metrics, etc.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in Information Technology or similar field is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Project Management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- 3+ years and experience in working with Human Source systems, platform and process (preferred)
- Strong general business acumen preferably in the Financial Services space
- Advanced proficiency in Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK); deep experience managing large and complex projects; Microsoft Project; Enterprise Portal; Web Content; Stakeholder Management; Advanced analytical, problem solving, and planning skills
- Broad experiences in project types such as business transformation/reengineering, custom development, conversions, packaged solution implementations, etc.
- Broad experiences with project execution methodologies such as agile, waterfall, iterative, packaged solutions selections and implementations, organizational change management, reengineering and process redesign, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven relationship management, negotiation and organization skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team, set priorities and meet deadlines on multiple projects
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and planning skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Professional Office Suite including Micro Soft Project
- Ability to work independently or in a team, set priorities, and meet deadlines on multiple projects
- Ability to interact with all stakeholders as appropriate through emails, project management deliverables, and presentations
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
- Successful track record of completing projects on time and on budget
- Proven people, communication, and organization skills.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of project management methodology and practical application towards completing work
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management tools, techniques, and practices
- Experience managing projects in a matrix organization, including working with SaaS vendors
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams in a matrix organization #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.