Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
As the Senior Consumer Market Research Insights Consultant, you will serve as the subject matter expert and will be responsible for educating internal partners on important consumer, employer and benefits broker trends, and show the value of research, analysis and insights on all phases of business growth and strategy, including anticipating opportunities, improving market performance, informing product development and guiding distribution, marketing and service evolution. You will design and manage research on consumers, employers and benefits brokers in response to specific business requests which support Lincoln’s Group Benefits business. You will also more broadly analyze consumer data to provide a thorough multifaceted understanding of consumer behaviors. When coupled with qualitative insights, you will translate insights into actionable information and knowledge to effect the strategic direction of Lincoln’s Group Benefits business.
- Explores multifaceted methodology options, leveraging primary research, syndicated research and secondary data to derive actionable insights
- Pursues proactively innovative & cost-effective solutions that informs business plans, sales strategies, product design, consumer, employer & consultant experiences and marketing programs
- Designs and directs Group Protection’s Insights research plans.
- Designs and directs elements of primary research from Request-For-Proposal (RFP) to final report (not a deal breaker if the right person has limited experience in this – we will teach them the research process)
- Analyzes and synthesizes data to provide an understanding of attitudes, perceptions, behavior, decision-making and product preferences of consumers, employers and benefits brokers
- Identifies, advises and directs internal stakeholders on business issues and objectives based on a current understanding of consumers, employers and benefits brokers
- Advises internal stakeholders on the research agenda for assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Serves as a subject matter expert on cross-functional project teams who synthesizes data, interprets findings and presents well thought-out solutions/recommendations to drive business results
- Acts as a trusted advisor to internal stakeholders, working on cross functional teams within the lines of business and/or enterprise on key initiatives & projects
- Develops and delivers reports to project teams and senior management
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, Sales, Consumer/Employee Engagement, Employer Engagement, Benefits Broker engagement and/or Consumer Insights team members) and other internal/external partners to identify and communicate trends
- Effectively communicates information to the right audiences at the right time, efficiently matching the message to the audience needs.
- Directs and shares technical knowledge with team members to identify and develop strategies and tactics to support the business needs of Group Benefits
- Builds scalable, actionable tools that enhance Lincoln’s ability to differentiate itself in the marketplace and drive growth through understanding and leveraging demographic, psychographic and attitudinal data.
- Builds a strong understanding of the strategic challenges facing assigned business partners and translates those into business questions
- Builds deep expertise on various sources of internal/external information, especially pertaining to elements and characteristics relevant to consumer, employer and benefits broker attitudes, behavior, decision-making and product preferences
- Advises internal stakeholders on identified trends and provides actionable directs/recommendations to the business
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience required
- 5+ years of experience working in Group Benefits industry in Product Management, Market Research, Marketing, or working with Benefits Brokers desired
- 3+ years of experience in, Group Benefits, Market Research of Financial Services and/or Life Insurance preferred
- Drives performance targets to completion #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.