Alternate Locations: Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This position provides leadership, direction and functional expertise on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. S/he will strategically provide direction for matters related to privacy laws and regulations, data usage and governance, and legal issues related to information protection, cyber-crime, and emerging technologies.
- Leads and implements strategy related to Privacy/Cyber/Data Use programs and policies.
- Leads and oversees legal and compliance activities related to privacy, cyber-risk, new technologies and uses of big data.
- Creates, implements, and oversees key strategies and processes ensuring effective and compliant privacy and data use policies, and related reporting, monitoring, remediating, and training.
- Provides highly specialized legal advice and counsel regarding privacy laws and regulations, data usage and governance, and legal issues related to information protection, cyber-crime, and emerging technologies.
- Works with key internal stakeholders and executive leaders to form and implement strategies and processes
- Manages relationship with outside counsel retained for privacy/data/cyber projects.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional teams related to Privacy/Cyber/Data matters, as appropriate
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with executive/senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Leads the identification, development, and implementation of strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, business unit, and/or the organization for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Leads, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to achieve key business results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Guides and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides thought leadership and functional expertise to internal/external stakeholders for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Contributes to business unit/operational and enterprise strategy creation for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads/executes approved strategy for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
J.D. from an American Bar Association approved school and a member of a state Bar in good standing
- 12+ Years of privacy or business law experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 5+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate knowledgeably and credibly with senior management and internal constituents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements. #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.