Alternate Locations: Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Baltimore, MD (Maryland); Nashville, TN (Tennessee); None; Pittsburgh, PA (Pennsylvania); Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
The Administrative Assistant will perform and deliver on routine and non-routine assignments for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility independently in accordance with established procedures/guidelines. S/he will provide a full range of administrative support for assigned group.
- Supports and promotes change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Delivers routine work independently, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, in a timely manner and meets deadlines appropriately.
- Makes routine and non-routine decisions, applying limited but increasingly more discretion within role except for matters of significance which affect the business as a whole or a significant part of it, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Applies expanded knowledge obtained from the role in increasingly more complex situations and continues to acquire more knowledge to apply in role.
- Provides a diverse range of information and performs a diverse range of tasks/transactions related to common programs and services.
- Plans and coordinates special events as needed.
- Organizes and maintains assigned groups correspondence and records, following up on pending matters as needed.
- Sorts, reviews, and distributes assigned groups mail.
- Enters assigned groups expenses reports into appropriate systems.
- Processes invoices for prompt payment as needed.
- Orders supplies and coordinates routine maintenance and repairs to office equipment as needed. Meets or exceeds departmental quality and service standards.
- Works overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED or 4+ years work experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- 2 - 3 Years clerical and/or administrative support experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position. Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret internal documents such as policy and procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages and/or variances.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrated solid relationship management skills with internal and/or external clients (e.g. management, peers, colleagues, customers, etc.).
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.