Alternate Locations: Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As the Claims Manager you will manage the claims processes for the Absence Management team to ensure results. You will be responsible for ensuring the fair, ethical and timely management of all areas of responsibility.
Consultation and Analysis
- Provides technical direction to claim team members on claims adjudication for absence management claims team.
- Ensures all claims eligible or ineligible for payment conform to quality, production standards and specifications.
- Ensures claims processing is consistent with applicable policies, regulations, procedures and department guidelines for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies process inefficiencies and cost reductions. Develops and recommends mitigation plans.
- Maintains current and emerging accounting/financial reporting regulatory rules and requirements assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Identifies and communicates claims trends and issues to management.
- Develops and maintains close customer ties, articulates customer needs, keeps priorities in focus with the desires and expectations of the customer.
- Collaborates with sales offices to ensure effective service delivery of claims for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- May fulfill a leadership responsibility to the team by coaching/mentoring staff and setting a strong example of an ethical and committed employee of our organization.
- Supports and enhances departmental organizational capability by collaborating with management to positively influence changes within Absence Management claims.
- Manages the claims process for Absence Management Claims ensuring accurate and timely claim management.
- Manages claims team ensuring workloads are appropriately balanced among team members.
- Approves and makes claim management related financial decisions consistent with company guidelines for Absence Management.
- Manages and responds to escalated issues and concerns for assigned area(s) of responsibilities.
- Monitors and evaluates overall metrics for team productivity and takes appropriate action to meet or exceed standards.
- Reviews regular quality audits of for Absence Management claim team members work, analyzes results and counsels staff to bring work to or above standards.
- Builds organizational capability within the claims team including sharing technical expertise and coaching team members.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 yrs of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 5 + yrs progressively increasing experience in disability insurance claims including managerial, supervisory and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- 2 + yrs of supervisory or management experience
- Educational experience and/or proficiency in disability insurance, medical terminology, contracts and leadership experienc
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
- Travel Type :National Domestic
- Travel Amount :up to 15%
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.