Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This Financial Analyst will be a member of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team, specifically working on expense analysis throughout the enterprise. S/he will prepare, analyze and report on business line budgeted, forecasted and actual results and provide management with a financial perspective for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. This role offers high visibility working directly with Senior Leadership, playing an important role in presentation our results to our leadership team, and has room for growth in a dynamic team with a great culture (please check out our website).
- Contribute to the continued development of the Expense teams’ analysis, forecasting, and budget efforts.
- Gain an understanding of and be able to perform expense specific responsibilities such as segment and departmental expense analysis, calculation and analysis of company bonus targets, and support of unit cost analysis.
- Interact and communicate with senior management, specifically within the Investment Management functional area as well as the Annuities Business Unit.
- Advises and provides subject matter expertise to management and applicable stakeholders on key financial analytics and expense trends.
- Partner with the businesses and Corporate FP&A to track the spend and the successful execution of new strategic investments
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Serves as subject matter expert on the budget system, budget target setting, and act as the main point of contact for various departments within the organization as it relates to budget activities
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging trends related to industry trends, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Provides management with a more complex financial perspective for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Evaluates financial information to develop and deliver more complex standard and ad-hoc financial analysis.
- Undergraduate degree and 4+ years of comparable work experience required.
- 3-5+ years of experience in Financial Analysis, Reporting, Accounting or comparable fields.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to adapt the communication of complex items to suit different audiences.
- Confident and comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills including critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. #LI-AY1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.