Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The Enterprise Data Architect works with development teams to create, review, update, and approve the data architecture of project designs as appropriate and ensure that these designs comply with the Enterprise Data Strategy while solving for business requirements. The Enterprise Data Architect is also responsible for the following enterprise level deliverables: Data Architecture Strategy, Common Message Model, Conceptual Data Model, and Metadata Repository.
- Provides and maintains the highest level of expertise in analysis and design in consulting engagements regarding new and existing applications, environments, or processes.
- Assesses and measures solution design impacts on IT infrastructure capacity, future maintenance/support needs, and bottom line cost-benefits
- Delivers the following key artifacts at a project level:
Data Reference and Integration Architecture
Data Flow Diagram
Conceptual and Logical Data Model
Physical Database Design
- Champions efforts to revitalize and redesign information systems and practices which improve operating effectiveness
- Maintains a high level knowledge in the use and application of a broad range of relevant technology tools and disciplines. Willingly shares knowledge and use technology as a strategic business advantage.
- Understands complex business problems and opportunities and identifies potential data architecture solutions. Can conceptualize complex systems solutions typically before full details are known
- Understands broad implications and financial impacts of proposed solutions on operational and infrastructure support. Exercises sound judgment and involves stakeholders in decision-making
- Partners with business and other architects to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business/customer point of view. Works effectively with peers and associates across the technology organizations
- Effectively develops and executes plans and organizes work to ensure efficient delivery of results
- Promotes the use of Shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensures that project do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT Strategy
- Serves as an escalation point for issue resolution
- Communicates effectively with business partners, management, and other areas
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 5 7+ Years experience in IT development (Required)
- 3 - 5+ Years Designing and implementing Master Data Management schemas, rules and processes within an Insurance company. (Required)
- 5 7+ Years Progressive experience in design, development and delivery of data-centric IT solutions, including relational databases, data warehouses, ETL/ELT processes and reporting applications (Required)
- 5 7+ Years Utilizing java.NET and SQL programming, including SDLC, SOA, OO and Web methods and patterns, legacy integration, batch data processing and distributed scheduling and automation (Required) #
- Functional knowledge of relational database systems
- Data integrity concepts and data standardization
- Understanding of industry standard data models like ACORD
- Data modeling Conceptual, Logical, and Physical
- SQL and SQL IDEs like TOAD
- Functional knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica and Talend
- Big Data NO SQL Modeling, Hive, HBase, Pig, Cassandra, MongoDB
- AWS Services and integrating data on cloud
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Possess a deep understanding and experience in the underlying development platforms/programming languages particular to the role
- Domain level expertise in one of the following is desired: Individual Life Insurance, Annuities, Group Insurance, or Retirement Plan Services
- Relationship management skills required
- Capable of acting as a thought partner and providing oversight to technical group on project execution #LI-KM1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.