Alternate Locations: Chicago, IL (Illinois)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As a Financial Planning Coordinator,you will be part of a fee-based financial planning team and provide a dual role in supporting leadership administration and analysis for financial planning. Your main responsibilities will be financial planning manufacturing, insurance/investment analysis and client interface on their financial plans.
- Maintains a predictable environment for clients and team members
- Primary resource for planning clients, facilitating a professional image of Lincoln Financial Advisors and The Strategic Private Advisory Group
- Completes financial planning input and design strategies for new financial plans and updates existing plans for annual reviews independently
- Data confirm with clients on their initial financial planning assumptions
- Provides tutorial for client and upkeep on account aggregation system
- Prepares implementation schedule incorporating recommended strategies
- Analyzes current insurance and investments or making trades as needed, if properly licensed
- Action Item follow up on implemented planning strategies
- Develops working knowledge of any systems as they may be implemented
- Answers incoming correspondence via phone and email
- Maintains client records, CRM database and compliance files
- Handles sensitive, confidential, proprietary information with discretion
- Interfaces with broker/dealer, brokerage, fund companies, custodians and insurance companies
- Familiar with CRM tools
- Assists the Financial Planner(s) in maintaining a compliant practice
- College degree preferred in Business with an emphasis on personal financial planning, finance, accounting or economics
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent or 3+ years of experience directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position isrequired
- FINRA Series 7and Life and Health licenses preferred
- 1-3+ years of experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat (Standard)
- Demonstrates excellent organizations skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives tasks to completion
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.