Alternate Locations: Edison, NJ (New Jersey); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Syosset, NY (New York); US Northeast
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for oversight of their respective division. They will supervise the local Business Operations Managers (BOMs) within each Regional Planning Office (RPO). This role will work closely with the Divisional Vice President and other members of the divisional leadership team to support existing advisors and assist in the onboarding of new recruits.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Supervise Business Operations Managers within the Northeast Division.
- Assist BOMs in handling complex Human Resources matters where necessary.
- Work with BOMs to resolve escalated compliance issues.
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure offices are in good standing with necessary budgets.
- Maintain regular communication with BOMs, Relationship Management Directors and Director of Supervision to ensure all offices are operating in good order.
- Work with Regional Directors on high priority recruits/new hires as needed.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the department for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides resources and connections to subject matter expertise for team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure group results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and provides leadership to continually improve the capability and results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Reviews and resolves complex escalated issues and concerns for assigned area(s) of responsibility. Escalates issues as needed.
- Analyzes metrics and provides complex and comprehensive analysis regarding financial processing and service performance to more senior management.
- Designs and implements assigned team's training plans based on assessment of team needs.
- Ensures team is appropriately trained to process and respond to customer questions, concerns and/or requests.
- Monitors and controls expenses within defined budget limits.
- May develop budgets for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 preferred.
- 7+ Years of experience years in Client Customer Support and Operations that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.