Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This position provides strategic thought leadership, advice, counsel, and legal representation regarding all aspects of employment law to enable all areas of Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) to strategically achieve their key business objectives.
- Contributes to the organizational Employment Law strategy by providing thought leadership, legal counsel and representation to all areas of Lincoln Financial Group.
- Provides thought leadership and influences senior management on strategies for facilitating organizational change, adapting to regulatory developments, and mitigating employment law risk.
- Leads/executes approved strategy for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops and drives strategy on Employment Law training, HR policy development and compliance, and employment-related forms and agreements
- Provides highly specialized legal expertise to senior leadership and key stakeholders on a wide range of legal employment matters, such as ADA, ADEA, Title VII, FMLA, FLSA, and related federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Represents LFG entities before government agencies relating to Employment Law.
- Prepares highly complex employment documentation such as employment contracts and legal agreements.
- Develops best-practices and policies relating to human resources and employment law throughout LFG.
- Leads and oversees highly complex projects for the enterprise relating to employment-related regulatory and enforcement changes and employment litigation developments.
- Manages litigation and negotiates settlements, as appropriate, in pending and threatened litigation and agency proceedings.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with executive/senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Collaborates with senior leadership in legal, human resources and business management on employee relations issues and internal investigations.
- Leads and oversees the identification of emerging policy issues in employment law and provides thought leadership and expertise on recommendations and changes.
- Leads the identification, development, and implementation of strategic process improvements that improve quality across the team, business unit, and/or the organization for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Selects, manages, and oversees the activities of and billing by outside counsel with respect to employment and employee benefits-related matters.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- Law degree from an ABA-accredited law school is required. (Minimum Required)
- 12+ Years’ Experience practicing Employment Law in a position that directly aligns to the specific responsibilities of this role.
- Ability to effectively resolve difficult disputes and business challenges using highly refined functional, partnering and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and business plans to deliver and exceed expected business objectives and results.
- Demonstrated experience as a thought leader. Will be able to demonstrate being sought after for advice, counsel, and judgment Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior/executive management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Understands the interdependencies of how people and organizations function, and can negotiate through complex political situations effectively.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style. #LI-CG1
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.