Alternate Locations: Omaha, NE (Nebraska)
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of application development responsibility. S/he will develop innovative complex business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing post production support. S/he will deliver more complex business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests complex software application solutions for systems.
- Assesses and measures solution design impacts on IT infrastructure capacity, application architecture standards, future maintenance/support needs, and bottom line cost-benefits in consultation with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Creates more complex technical specifications from business requirements/business specifications.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Identifies potential application solutions by understanding complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
- Investigates and resolves complex problems including providing support for production systems in a timely manner.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to ensure that systems are designed, developed and implemented from a business point of view.
- Proactively identifies problems and presents/develops complex solutions
- Provides direction to development teams in areas of project scheduling, technical direction and application development standards.
- Provides expertise regarding the integration of applications across the business.
- Provides input on the development of project plans, test plans and implementation plans including determining estimates on time frames, needed resources and budgets.
- Serves as a subject matter expert &/or provides direction on the design & development of applications systems while demonstrating an understanding of the broad implications & financial impacts of proposed solutions on operational & infrastructure support.
- Serves as a technical expert and provides complex technical guidance to junior team members.
- Serves as an escalation point for issue resolution.
- Serves as lead technical resource to ensure completion of development tasks.
Education & Experience
- 5 7+ Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position(Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
"There is no Certification or Licensure Listed"
- Travel Type :National Domestic
- Travel Amount :up to 5%
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.