At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
We believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to work from anywhere at any time, allowing for more flexibility in where and how you work. We know that choice and flexibility are important to you. We also recognize that flexible and remote positions can become opportunities for military partners, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities to thrive at our company. We invite you to consider what a Modern, Flexible Workplace can mean for you!
It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work onsite for three (3) or more days a week and will have a dedicated workspace when working onsite. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
Summary of the Job:
The Director, Credit Analysis is responsible for managing a team of Credit Analysts throughout different geographical areas with a focus on accurate, independent, and timely completion of loan approval packages and/or internal reviews. within the department workflow. This role is responsible for leadership of multiple levels of Credit Analysts and the overall development within the Credit Analyst position.
This role will play a critical part in the strategic direction of the Credit Analysts team. In partnership with the CPO, this role will be accountable for making recommendations, implementing, and maintaining efforts to drive the strategic direction of the business.
The Director, Credit Analysis will have a deep understanding of FNBO's Credit Policy as well as credit culture and use this to ensure the Analyst teams adherence to underwriting policies, processes, and procedures for commercial, agricultural, and/or CRE and Consumer loans.
About This Role:
- Responsible in managing, coordinating, and development of the analyst staff in analyzing Commercial, Agricultural, and/or CRE and Consumer credit transactions and/or requests
- Responsible for the development and implementation of departmental goals and standards which will result in a highly effective department.
- Responsible for qualitative goals of the Analyst team, and ensuring high levels of performance and partnership with key stakeholders
- Deep understanding of FNBO's Credit Policy and ability to identify, document and tracking of credit exceptions for audit purposes
- Accountable for oversight of the quality of loan memorandums and financial analysis produced by the credit analyst staff
- Collaborate with key partners in Community, CRE, AG, and Corporate Banking to build relationship with Leadership teams
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings on behalf of the Analyst team with key stakeholder groups
- Accountable for the adherence to the allocated budget
- Work with bank management to ensure full compliance with all industry regulations and bank policy/procedure.
- Develop and maintain procedures documents for the credit analysis staff, including workflow processes
- Ensure on-going use of Accountable Management, including annual Personal Effectiveness Appraisals and manage the hiring and dismissal processes within the department and across multiple geographic locations. Complete key accountabilities for each subordinate.
- Responsible for owning a book of Talent for future Analyst opportunities (networking, etc.) as well as development of internal staff to progress through the different levels of the Credit Analyst role
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required. Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations. Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity. If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
- Strong management, leadership, and training skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in business writing;
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with senior management and other business units
- Must have a strong understanding of lending concepts, practices, procedures, and documentation
- Strong understanding of financial accounting and credit analysis.
- Ability to perform industry research and draw relevant conclusions relative to industry risks, trends, and opportunities.
- Ability to professionally interact with bank staff to build and maintain key partnerships
- Excellent computer skills, and experience with Microsoft suite of products including excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Must be a team player and able to successfully oversee and manage multiple tasks on a regular on-going basis.
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive skills. Ability to professionally discuss/debate differences of opinion in the credit underwriting process.
- Strong understanding of industry regulations and compliance requirements.
The Ideal Candidate for This Role:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years' experience in Commercial, Ag, CRE and/or Consumer credit analysis function
- Previous management experience preferred
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement