At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
We believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to work from anywhere at any time, allowing for more flexibility in where and how you work. We know that choice and flexibility are important to you. We also recognize that flexible and remote positions can become opportunities for military partners, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities to thrive at our company. We invite you to consider what a Modern, Flexible Workplace can mean for you!It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work remotely for three (3) or more days a week and will share a hoteling workspace when working onsite. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
Summary of the Job:
Lead role responsible for accounting and regulatory financial reporting. Maintain more complex general ledger and/or sub-system including preparation or review of general ledger entries, monitoring of balances, analysis of related general ledger accounts and resolution of processing exceptions. Prepare management, GAAP and regulatory reports which require more technical accounting knowledge, analysis and research. Resolve complex operational, financial and reporting accounting problems. Review journal entries and reports prepared by peers. This role works collaboratively with other team members to identify, recommend, implement and enhance the value and consistency of processes, procedures and policy to continuously improve accounting and financial reporting accuracy and efficiency across enterprise. Provide back-up for departmental processes and assist in the training of departmental staff. Provide support for external audit process.
About This Role:
1. Provide departmental operational support to manager and first point of escalation and resolution of issues from peers.
* Maintain the collection and reporting of departmental performance metrics
* Review journal entries and reports timely
* Utilize escalated issues as training/coaching opportunities.
* Train new employees and cross-train existing staff on applicable tasks, compliance and regulatory requirements
* Maintain comprehensive job knowledge and provide or coordinate on-the-job-training on job functions. Update or monitor written procedures as changes occur
* Lead/participate in the implementation of projects
* Analyze and recommend additional training solutions for team members to maintain or exceed established standards of performance
* Provide input to the annual performance process (As requested/required by manager)
2. Assume ownership and responsibility for all aspects of assigned accounts, general ledgers and sub-systems to ensure accurate accounting and financial reporting.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the purpose and activity for each assigned account, general ledger and sub-system.
* Be accountable for planning and prioritizing work load to meet established deadlines; coordinate with manager as issues arise
* Prepare entries to the general ledger and the sub-system that are complete, accurate, timely, supported by appropriate documentation and comply with all applicable internal policies, regulations and generally accepted accounting principles.
* Proactively provide supporting information to assigned account reconciler.
* Research, document and effectively communicate account discrepancies and issues to manager and business units, as appropriate.
* Develop recommendations on how to properly and timely resolve identified issues; assist with implementation of recommendations, as assigned.
3. Perform accurate and timely analysis and reporting for assigned management, GAAP and regulatory reports.
* Prepare information from general ledger, sub-systems and business units to complete assigned reports including Federal Reserve, FDIC, PAC, OCC and/or Annual Report. Maintain appropriate supporting documentation in accordance with department procedures. Analyze significant changes between line items or time periods.
* Keep current on new FASB and regulatory rules and pronouncements for assigned reporting.
* Research and recommend changes to sub-systems to meet new GAAP or regulatory requirements, as assigned.
* Provide support to business unit personnel regarding GAAP and regulatory requirements. Answer questions and/or direct questions to manager or other appropriate personnel, as applicable.
* Provide support for external audit process.
4. Detect issues and recommend solutions or enhancements to enterprise accounting processes and policies through evaluating and improving analysis capabilities, identifying and improving standardization, improving system utilization and efficiencies, adding additional internal controls and developing effective external benchmarking metrics.
* Continuously monitor and recommend changes to existing processes, systems and standards to improve overall reporting and analysis capabilities
* Present ideas for process improvement, volunteer ideas and actively solve problems when identified
* Identify and document potential solutions and the work required to implement solutions
* Ensure recommendations align and are consistent with best practices
5. Ensure procedures and back-ups are in place for all assigned work.
* Document and maintain procedures and update as needed.
* Ensure a back-up is identified for your work and if none, notify manager of need for back-up.
* Assist with training of back-up.
* Communicate procedure changes to back-up as they arise
6. Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
* Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
* Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
* Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
* If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
7. Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
* Practice enterprise values. Maintain constructive working relationships throughout the Bank.
* Support the goals and strategic plan of the business units you are working with, as well as the overall enterprise goals and plans
* Collaborate with the Finance team to execute deliverables accurately and within defined timelines of completion.
The Ideal Candidate for This Role:
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
* 5+ years of progressive accounting and analysis experience
* Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and related regulations
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to multi-task assigned projects and daily workload while adhering to multiple timetables of completion
* Working knowledge of Excel.
* Strong research and writing skills
* Ability to review accounting work and financial reports of departmental staff
* Ability to accurately identify root cause of issue and develop solutions.
* CPA or MBA
* Supervisory or review experience
* Experience in the industry.
* Experience with Oracle financial systems.
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement
|Date Posted||March 3, 2023|
|Date Closes||May 2, 2023|
|Address||Work from Home Lincoln, NE 68508|
|Located In||Lincoln, NE|
|Work At||Work at Home - Nebraska|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Sales Assistant - Ft Lauderdale, FL
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Research Technologist I