At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
We believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to work from anywhere at any time, allowing for more flexibility in where and how you work. We know that choice and flexibility are important to you. We also recognize that flexible and remote positions can become opportunities for military partners, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities to thrive at our company. We invite you to consider what a Modern, Flexible Workplace can mean for you!
It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work remotely for three (3) or more days a week and will share a hoteling workspace when working onsite. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
Summary of the Job:
The Bend by FNBO is focused on revolutionizing consumer payments by creating a digital credit card services business. This business will deliver the speed and agility that digital-first fintech's and API-driven brands need to drive loyalty and value through card payments.
Our Credit Card-as-a-Service ("CaaS") platform is led by technology and being built with a product mindset; shifting away from how legacy card issuers work today. This journey to create something new and innovative needs an individual to join our team who can embrace a start-up mentality, work alongside a high-functioning team and commit to exceeding expectations.
Gen6 is looking for a highly motivated, passionate, self-driven individual that loves creating desirable, simple, and powerful API products that can transform the way a financial industry does business with digital brand partners. We are building a cloud native CaaS API platform within an AWS Cloud-Native ecosystem platform to attract digitally native brand partners who seek best in class API Card Products that can be seamlessly embedded into their digital brand customer experience. The CaaS team operates from a Product-led API first approach working "outside-in" to ensure we are focused on meeting the customers' needs up front. This means, we obsess over delivering high value experiences for customers and users at each step.
To that end, the Gen6 CaaS team is seeking an experienced Cloud Platform Engineer that understands the value of truly cross-functional team support and infrastructure as code. They will also be instrumental in the building, maintaining, upgrading, and continuously improving our cloud-native API Platform for our CaaS product suite. As part of a larger product team, you will be expected to set platform development, deployment and operations and monitoring of runtime best practices for the DevSecOps engineering point of delivery (POD) teams.
Our team goal is to stay centered and focused on the customer by providing a rich API Platform that is highly functional, scalable, self-healing, highly available and built with agility in mind up front. This role will forge a critical "bond" across the various disciplines of Product Architecture, Engineering, Security and Quality Control within the cloud platform domain.
About This Role:
About this Role (Responsibilities):
- Utilize DevSecOps concepts to develop, automate, and operate Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) cloud deployments, including AWS Serverless services like Lambda, Step Functions, and Aurora.
- Collaborate with the CaaS Product Architect and Point of Delivery teams (software and quality control engineers along with operations staff to develop, design and implement any scalable software service needed within the CaaS API Cloud-native platform
- Architect highly available and scalable systems on cloud-native platforms (primarily AWS)
- Develop automated processes to deploy, manage, configure, and scale the CaaS cloud-native API Platform quickly and rapidly
- Develop methodologies and systems to automate and support software deployments
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud infrastructure
- Build, release, and manage the configuration of all production systems
- Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for server-based and serverless-based technologies
- Ensure necessary platform/system security by using best in class cloud security solutions
- Stay current with new technology options and vendor products, evaluating which ones would be a good fit for the company
- Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines when necessary
- Recommend process and architecture improvements
- Troubleshoot the system and solve problems across all platform and application domains
- Experience with networking best practices along with experience in DNS configuration.
- Oversee pre-production acceptance testing to ensure the high quality of a company's services and products
The Ideal Candidate for This Role:
- Minimum 3 years of development experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud platforms
- Experience developing automated deployment scripts and tools for system provisioning and configuration
- Experience using DevOps tools and processes; creation of CICD pipelines
- Hands-on experience with Typescript, Python and bash scripting
- Hands on experience with GitLab CI
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure technologies (server, network, storage, load balancing, clustering, etc.)
- Experience developing software using API calls, microservices, or serverless
- Hands on experience building large scale application deployments, standard three tier web applications, big data, and analytics workloads
- Development within a hybrid cloud environment
- Experience developing APIs in support of operations, monitoring, platform, deployment, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems
- Proficiency in script development and scripting languages
- The ability to be a team player
- The ability and skill to train other people in procedural and technical topics
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- An understanding of automation (testing, deployment, runtime support of blue/green deployment strategies)
- Experience installing and configuring different application constructs on the AWS Serverless platform
Skill Sets and Tools of Interest -
- Experience using AWS "the platform" as well as a host of AWS Services within the AWS Marketplace as needed to build, support, operate and monitor the CaaS API Platform
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining digital cloud native environments on AWS, which includes working with services like:
- Some experience and background in OS system administration:
- Experience using DevSecOps tools in an AWS cloud environment, such as:
- GitLab (or GitHub)
- GitLab CI (or other CI/CD tools)
- Experience using monitoring solutions like:
- CloudWatch, X-Ray
- ELK Stack
- An understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like:
- AWS AppRunner
- AWS CDK
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement