At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
At First National, we believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to work from anywhere at any time, allowing for more flexibility in where and how you work. We know that choice and flexibility are important to you. We also recognize that flexible and remote positions can become opportunities for military partners, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities to thrive at First National. We invite you to consider what a Modern, Flexible Workplace can mean for you!
It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work onsite for three (3) or more days a week and will have a dedicated workspace when working onsite. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
About this Role:
The Director, Finance role is accountable for partnering with the Partner business line management on financial reporting and analysis. This role will be expected to deliver strategic insight, influence business owners, and support business lines with varied product or partner constructs. The role will have a comprehensive understanding of the Unsecured Consumer Loan businesses and contribute to the growth, efficiency, and effectiveness of the assigned business segment through completion of complex modeling and analysis of business performance. The role will work with senior leaders and their management teams to retrieve and analyze operating results, prepare accurate and timely forecasts aligned to the strategic plan for the business segment, communicate performance, and collaborate to develop and quantify strategies to achieve targeted returns.
- Lead the financial evaluation of assigned business line(s) performance.
- Complete complex analysis to identify underlying performance drivers. Deliver concise summaries of results.
- Use critical thinking skills to evaluate and quantify risks, opportunities and impacts of existing and new business plans.
- Present outcomes of financial performance and analysis to senior leadership as SME for the business line.
- Utilize the above information to influence decisions within the business, challenge leaders to think differently based on data analysis, and be heavily engaged in the strategy of the business to improve and grow.
- Prepare financial forecasts for assigned business segment.
- Leverage completed analysis to incorporate performance drivers in forecast models.
- Work collaboratively with business managers to align assumptions and financial expectations.
- Complete modeling for annual budget, stress testing, periodic forecasts. Develop relevant summary documents to communicate plan to management.
- Thoroughly document assumptions and ensure adequate backup of final product is completed.
- Develop the segment's long term strategic plan, aligning business objectives with financial targets to guide decision making.
- Build collaborative relationships with leaders across the business line, provide recommendations based on analysis gathered, and take ownership of financial support to vertical line.
- Meet regularly with vertical owners and leaders to understand strategy, use data to communicate the business performance to leaders in a manner that influences decisions with a forward looking mindset focusing on results.
- Coordinate completion of financial models to evaluate new business, customer management, promotional offers and material expense outlays that support segment goals. Identify success metrics and track performance over time. Complete ad hoc scenario requests as needed.
- Identify reporting needs for business and work collaboratively with team to develop pertinent management reports and dashboards to monitor business results.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
- Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
- Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
- Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
- Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
- Practice enterprise values. Maintain constructive working relationships throughout the Bank.
- Support the goals and strategic plan of the business units you are working with, as well as the overall enterprise goals and plans
- Collaborate with the Finance team to execute deliverables accurately and within defined timelines of completion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically. A thought leader who can define analytical agenda for projects, demonstrate an ability to frame ambiguous business questions into analytical plans, and work independently to execute with precision.
- Ensure effective flow of information through appropriate channels.
- Promote exchange of knowledge among co-workers.
- Independently identify areas for improvement in work processes and work collaboratively with others to implement change.
- Ability to multi-task assigned projects and daily workload while adhering to multiple timetables of completion.
- Excellent communicator, able to convey complex information in an understandable, compelling, and persuasive manner to leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen and actively contribute to discussions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or applicable experience; MBA or CPA preferred.
- 3-7 years of progressive Finance experience.
- Extensive experience in financial analysis and forecasting.
- Experience using SAS/SQL and Business Objects for statistical analysis, data extraction and manipulation to analyze large datasets.
- Comprehensive desktop software ability and detailed experience in Excel and PeopleSoft; familiarity with Word, Access, Hyperion, and PowerPoint desired.
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement