At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
At First National, we believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to work from anywhere at any time, allowing for more flexibility in where and how you work. We know that choice and flexibility are important to you. We also recognize that flexible and remote positions can become opportunities for military partners, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities to thrive at First National. We invite you to consider what a Modern, Flexible Workplace can mean for you!
The location category for this role may vary based on business needs, and has not yet been determined. Please contact [email protected]
to obtain applicable details from our Talent Acquisition team. To ensure you receive a response, include the following number for this job in the subject line of your message. Job number: R-20220862
About this Role:
The Sr. Manager, Lockbox Processing is responsible for the daily leadership and oversight of the Lockbox Processing team. They are accountable for the management and successful implementation of Lockbox plans and initiatives in alignment with FNBO's three segments. Manager will interact and partner with Business, Partner and Individual leadership, IT, Operations leadership and peers across the segments to identify and collaborate on strategies that deliver on the intended customer and employee experiences. The manager must prioritize, monitor and report on work ensuring department quality and production standards are being met, within the scheduled client deadlines.
They will have a good understanding of payment processing, banking regulations, operations workflow, FNBO's commercial services products and are able to coordinate, lead and develop their team. They effectively manage teams with a mindset of continuous improvement.
- Develop a clear vision, strategy, and plan of action for the teams based upon current and future short and long term goals. Have a solid understanding of the business, influence others to create commitment and action, and make informed decisions.
- Work with the Leaders of various segments to provide recommendations to the Department's strategic plan to enhance Business Unit/Divisional and overall Bank performance and profitability, and ensure the Intended Customer Experience is achieved.
- Engage and build relationships with peer managers and leadership across segments to align to consistent goals and output.
- Provide recommendations for process efficiencies, employee productivity, reducing costs and increasing customer experience.
- Accountable for input and adherence to cost center budget.
- Understand the bank, division and segment initiatives, goals and strategies and in addition, incorporate and champion those within the team.
- Create commitment and action by effectively using logic, persuasion, inspiration, and change management techniques.
- Understand the business, organization, and competition; share knowledge with team members.
- Make decisions that are informed, timely, logical, and risk controlled. Analyze and take ownership of outcomes and make appropriate adjustments for the future.
- Employ a mindset of continuous improvement by challenging status quo and instilling and utilizing problem solving methodologies in line with Continuous Improvement standards.
- Build a high performing team through hiring, connection of development opportunities, and coaching.
- Ensure staffing model supports enabling FNBO's segments' vision.
- Align employee strengths, skills, knowledge and abilities to ensure goals are met.
- Communicate clear expectations with measurable outcomes.
- Hold individuals accountable; provide recognition and/or corrective action as appropriate.
- Support team in problem solving at the right level.
- Accountable for payment processing tasks, compliance, and quality control. Work with Client support functions across segments to ensure collaborative operational and documentary support is provided to meet customer expectations.
- Align the activities of team with peer managers to achieve highest level of consistency.
- Monitor, evaluate, and make resource decisions to ensure team members work effectively to accuracy meet internal and external deadlines on a timely basis and within regulatory guidelines.
- Provide management oversight and guidance to ensure procedures, guidelines, and internal controls are consistent with FNBO policies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the controls and communicate updates/appropriate feedback as needed.
- Provide commentary on payment processing systems and workflow as it impacts the teams.
- Communicate procedural and systemic changes to management and Lockbox processing staff.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
- Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
- Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
- Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
Manager Competencies (Attributes + Skills)
- Inspiring and motivating others- Inspires passion and enthusiasm in others to perform and excel.
- Resource optimization - Plans and allocates resources to ensure optimal output.
- Team Development- Builds high performing teams, encouraging collaboration and effectiveness.
- Change Leadership- Champions change positively and engages team to move through change.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration or equivalent work experience
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- 3+ years of acting in a management capacity or equivalent
- 3-5 years' experience in banking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must have the ability to effectively communicate with senior management, segment leaders and peers, operations, and technical staff
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and assume responsibility to make necessary decisions
- This is a Hybrid/Onsite position
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement