At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Role Description: Are you driven by relationships and looking to build your own book of business while at the same time being a part of a team that takes pride in delivering a truly memorable customer experience As a Loan Originator you will be providing a helpful, easy, and personal mortgage experience to all existing and prospective customers of First National Bank of Omaha. This role takes pride in process excellence by understanding the front to end journey of a mortgage loan, being a key player in all aspects of the loan journey, with a focus on the customer needs (both short & long term).
As a Loan Originator you will have the opportunity to Initiate and develop relationships with existing and new customers, builders and industry related representatives to identify and close loan opportunities in alignment of the department's revenue and profit goals. You would also be vital in identifying enhancement opportunities to site procedures, training and technology in support of the enhancement of customer retention/satisfaction and all objectives of the Mortgage Division of First National Bank of Omaha.
Originate and close Mortgage loans, while ensuring compliance with the established processes and groups.
- Meet and/or exceed defined monthly sales goals.
- Conduct external sales activities to create referral partnerships as well as maintain current ones.
- Establish relationships with local and national business groups including chambers of commerce and other professional and business networking groups.
With a focus on process excellence, cultivate and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of current Home Mortgage operating procedures and products and services offered.
- Continually provide input on technology opportunities that allow customers to interact as they choose.
- Able to be nimble to adjust to both the marketplace and customer
- Effectively utilize knowledge and all resources available to support team member competency development.
- Demonstrate the ability to be consistent in communications and expectation setting.
Demonstrate organizational advocacy (and process excellence) through positive teamwork, trust and mutual respect for customers and employees.
- Contribute to the overall success of First National Bank by actively referring customers to alternative products and services offered within the bank. Ensure markets deliver a helpful, easy and personal customer experience
- Strive to represent FNBO as a place that our customers would proudly recommend to others.
Proactively identify opportunities in all aspects of market segments and customer needs.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify untapped market segments.
- Create a book of business by utilizing our branch customer base, as well as proactively building relationship internally and externally with business partners.
- Develop plans and work collaboratively with other FNBO/FNNI representatives to develop presence and value adding programs/solutions for those markets.
- Provide an individualized and meaningful quality customer experience by engaging the customer, employees, and communities through accountability and mutual respect, integrity, unity, passion and listening to the needs of the customer and employees.
- Seek opportunities and drive development within assigned role. Increase revenue and reduce expenses.
- Update written procedures as changes occur.
Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
- Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
- Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
- Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
- Complete special projects as assigned within allotted time frames.
- Be accountable for continuous best efforts to complete the job assigned.
- Exercise a willingness to be a resource to colleagues.
- Practice Retail Distribution Group values and support the goals and strategic plan.
- Be proactive and respectful in all relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience, and Physical Qualifications
High School Diploma or equivalent
Strong sales ability
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated customer service skills
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel applications
Availability to assist customers on evenings and weekends
Knowledge of pricing and various underwriting requirements
1+ years of experience in mortgage loan origination
Active Mortgage Originator with a pipeline
FNBO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer -Member FDIC
Compensation and Benefits Overview:
We offer a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
401k, With Matching Contributions
Time Off Programs
Health Savings Account (HSA)/Dependent Care
Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
Learn more about FNBO benefits here: https://www.fnbo.com/careers/benefits/.
To obtain compensation and benefit information related to this specific role, e-mail FNBO at TAGAdmin@fnni.com. To ensure you receive a response, include the number of this job (listed below) in the subject line of your message.Job number: R-20210039
This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, credit fitness and criminal background standards. Successful candidates must meet ongoing regulatory requirements including acceptable background investigation and credit report results.
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement