At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.The Sr. Analyst, Finance is responsible for all aspects of the business planning and financial reporting process for an assigned business unit. This role will provide direct finance oversight and analysis for assigned divisional business unit managers. This includes, but is not limited to, developing annual budgets, financial forecasts, monthly financial analysis and reporting, variance analysis, year-end financial reporting preparation, month-end close procedures, audit support, and ad-hoc analysis requests.
The Sr. Financial Analyst position will be part of the Finance group for First National Bank of Omaha supporting Institutional Services segments including Capital Markets and Tributary Capital in all aspects of the business planning and financial reporting process, as well as may assist in supporting other Business Segment groups. The position will provide direct finance oversight and analysis for assigned divisional business line managers. This includes, but is not limited to, developing annual budgets, financial forecasts, monthly financial analysis and reporting, variance analysis, year-end financial reporting preparation, month-end close procedures, audit support, and ad-hoc analysis requests.
- Coordinate the process and complete related analysis to prepare annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for assigned business units.
- Generate reports, interpret, analyze and communicate monthly business unit performance for senior management.
- Prepare, analyze, and support key business line initiatives.
- Develop, maintain and complete analysis of relevant metrics and benchmarking for key profitability measures of the business unit.
- Complete broker/dealer regulatory reporting including FOCUS reporting, SIPC reporting, etc.
- Coordinate and be the key point of contact for external division audits.
- Ability to work independently on monthly processes and preparation of related journal entries/management reporting
- Collaborates and fosters positive working relationships in a professional manner with business partners and team members. Proactively communicates with manager, team and partners on work product and timelines to meet commitments.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Practices First National's enterprise values. Maintains constructive working relationships throughout the Bank.
- Understands and complies with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to the job duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, while developing tactical plans.
- Demonstrate a consultative approach with the ability to analyze stakeholder's needs.
- Excellent communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships, listen and actively contribute to discussions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Accuracy in completing work assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years of progressive Accounting or Finance experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Budget/forecast experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Institutional investment knowledge and broker/dealer experience preferred.
- Preferred audit experience.
- Series 27 license a plus and if you don't have, you must be willing to obtain within 6 months of employment.
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement