At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.The Sr. Developer, Technology is responsible for collaborating with the Delivery team to ensure the solutions developed will deliver value and improve the quality of the software. This includes partnering with the Systems Analyst and Testers on the Delivery team to define tasks and provide final estimates for User Stories. The Developers are responsible for attending and participating in all Scrum ceremonies.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply! Quarterly travel to our campus in Omaha, Nebraska.
First National Bank of Omaha is seeking a talented and motivated Android Developer to join our Mobile Delivery Team. You'll get an opportunity to develop our Mobile Banking Android App using Kotlin, to help deliver a superior customer experience!
This role resides on a highly collaborative and constructive team that requires strong teamwork and communication, including:
- Ability to work with a variety of mixed skills: analysts, business owners, designers, other developers, peer application development teams.
- Flexibility and the ability to switch gears to adjust to team strengths and changing requirements.
- An emphasis on working with the team, rather than alone.
- A desire to achieve team consensus and shared understanding.
- A willingness to pair program.
- Collaborating across disciplines.
You'll participate in a number of activities supporting our Agile environment, including:
- Designing, developing, and supporting the Android Native App using Kotlin.
- Writing and executing Unit and other automated tests.
- Participating in Agile ceremonies, such as backlog grooming, sprint planning and task estimation.
- Analyzing stories to determine development needs to ensure the right things are being built in the right way.
- Identifying and resolving technical debt.
- Helping to troubleshoot multi-tier problems.
- Participating in team planning process to ensure timely project completion.
- Fulfilling other duties as required by the team.
To be successful in this role, you'll need experience in several of the following:
- Kotlin, Dagger, JetPack, Fastlane, and Firebase
- Success shipping at least one Android app to the Play Store
- Experience with RxJava, RxKotlin, or Reactive Programming
- Experience interacting with REST APIs is a plus
- Experience with functional programming paradigms - lambdas, streams
- Experience with unit and end to end testing, TDD a plus
- Working knowledge of Git and GitLab CI
To obtain compensation and benefit information related to this specific role, e-mail FNBO at TAGAdmin@fnni.com. To ensure you receive a response, include the number of this job (listed below) in the subject line of your message.Job number: R-20210337
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement