At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.The Commercial Compliance & Risk Intern is responsible for providing compliance, BSA/AML and risk management support to the Business Segment of the Bank. The intern will report to the Director of the Department and will gain valuable experience and understanding of Bank risk management specifically as it relates to business clients and regulatory, BSA/AML and other risks.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidance applicable to the Business Segment of the bank.
- Assist in developing procedures, guidance documents, process flows, databases, and other materials.
- Work collaboratively with representatives from Commercial Compliance & Risk and other areas of the bank to gain understanding of current practices and contribute to developing solutions for enhancing the bank's risk management practices.
- Conduct research and analysis and document information gathered, findings and conclusions, on various topics.
- Coordinate or complete special projects as assigned.
- Attend and participate in internship educational sessions to develop and enhance core skills, industry knowledge, and key system and process understanding.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
- Enrolled student working towards a Bachelor's or advanced degree in related field.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher after sophomore year.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Ability to identify and recommend objective solutions to problems.
- Ability to present information and reporting in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task while adhering to multiple timetables of completion.
- Ability to work 15-20 hours per week during school year and full-time during summer.
- Banking industry knowledge or experience.
- Experience, education, or interest in Bank legal, compliance, or risk management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Ability to work 20+ hours per week.
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement