At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.Investigate, analyze, and manage a complex and extensive caseload to determine the validity of fraud claims. Conduct in-depth investigation to attempt to identify a suspect. Research and submit Suspicious Activity referrals when necessary. Responsible for knowing chargeback lifecycle for the Visa and MasterCard. Hold cardholder liable if charges are in fact valid. Input complete case information in conjunction with Federal Regulation Z (Reg Z). Responsible for balance monitoring. Investigators need to be well versed in various job functions in the department to provide guidance and feedback.
Investigate, analyze, and manage complex caseload.
- Perform an upfront thorough investigation to determine the validity of fraud claims on credit card and First Solution accounts in accordance with bank policies/guidelines and all applicable federal regulations. May hold cardholder liable for charges, which can lead to difficult talk-offs.
- Responsible for substantial active caseloads. Process chargebacks for Visa and MasterCard. Provide complete case information in case management system including memos that meet Reg Z requirements, police report information, suspect information, and link SAR information.
- Conduct in-depth research to identify a suspect through examining various system screens, listening to phone calls, contacting merchants, pulling payment information, ordering sales drafts, and occasionally interviewing cardholders.
- Contact law enforcement (i.e. Local, State, Federal, Postal) and provide them with all information to assist in suspects being apprehended to recover restitution.
- Need to know the various fields in TBS as chargeback indicators.
- Responsible for knowing chargeback rules and codes to ensure maximum recovery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of system fields and knowledge of timeframes for each type of charge.
Compliance: Understand and adhere to all policies, laws, and regulations applicable to this role.
- Require complete knowledge of FinCEN SAR criteria to review every account and identify which accounts fall into these parameters.
- Research and write SAR referrals when necessary, know all regulations and criteria regarding SARs to ensure no compliance violations. (There are strict federal guidelines regarding SARs and missed SAR filing can result in federally imposed fines to First National Bank.)
- Responsible for balance monitoring on tens of thousands of inactive fraud accounts; checking for payments, debits, and credits that need to be reviewed within Reg Z timeframes.
- Adhere to the banks BSA/AML program, which includes, but not limited to, the customer identification program, customer due diligence policy, and completing all BSA/AML training in a timely manner.
- Complete compliance training by designated deadlines.
- Adherence to NPPI policies and procedures.
- Identify, monitor, and report suspicious activity.
- Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance in alignment with departmental/divisional policy.
- Exercise a willingness to be a resource to colleagues.
- Practice Consumer Bank/Fraud's values and support the goals and strategic plan.
- Maintain constructive and respectful working relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- Ability to evaluate a variety of factors to analyze, investigate, and manage large caseloads.
- Strong problem solving, time management, and organizational skills.
- Strong investigative skills.
- Superior verbal/written communication skills.
- Superior level of engagement and professionalism.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment, and demonstrated proficiency with multiple systems.
- Experience with balance reconciliation.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Conflict resolution.
- Bachelor's degree or two years related experience.
- High proficiency as it relates to technical job knowledge (i.e. SARs, chargeback lifecycle experience).
- Knowledge of banking and applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of major processing systems (First Work, PRM, TBS).
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement