At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.This is a Work from Home position. We prefer this to be in a FNBO market.
First Solutions is a lending business, designed to make a consumer's financial life better and help them eliminate revolving debt. The Loan Specialist will play a critical role in the successful growth of the business and will be the key person identifying the consumer's position, evaluating their needs and capabilities, and tailoring a customized solution. The position is dynamic and diverse, and will provide the candidate with a challenging opportunity to utilize strong judgment, sales and consultative communication skills.
This is a Work from Home position. We prefer that it be in a FNBO market.
Performs all underwriting and sales functions for dedicated purpose loans generated in accordance with Bank policies/guidelines and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage personalized loan consultations (inbound and outbound).
- Determine product fit based on a consumer's needs and capabilities.
- Develop customized loan solutions which are tailored to meet the needs of the consumers.
- Build strong rapport and relationships with consumers/customers.
- Achieve superior acceptance of approved loans through effective sale and promotion of Dedicated Purpose Loan features and benefits.
- Accomplish immediate loan activation goals.
Provides comprehensive and professional customer service to customers, staff and other related parties in support of the credit process and marketing campaigns
- Work with external and/or internal customers in order to answer any questions and supply additional support needed to complete underwriting of loan applications.
Commitment to the mission, goals and profitability objectives of the business.
- Assists management with implementation of procedural and policy changes
- Ensure that all changes to policy or procedure are incorporated into the daily workflow
- Assist in the revision of policy and procedures and publish as needed within the department to ensure compliance.
Compliance: Understand and adhere to all policies, laws and regulations applicable to this role.
- Adhere to the banks BSA/AML program, which includes, but no limited to the customer identification program, customer due diligence policy and completing all BSA /AML training in a timely manner.
- Complete compliance training by appropriate deadlines.
Professionalism/Attendance: Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships. Maintain regular and predictable attendance in alignment with departmental/divisional policy.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Ability to evaluate a variety of factors to make a prudent loan decision
- Willingness to ask probing questions during the customer development process.
- Outstanding customer engagement skills via the phones
- Strong sales/service orientation.
- Superior verbal/written communication skills.
- High level of enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment, and demonstrated proficiency with computer systems and equipment
- Minimum of six months of credit lending experience preferred.
- High proficiency as it relates to technical job knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree or one year of related experience.
- Knowledge of banking and applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of major processing systems (ACAPS, TBS)
Scheduled hours as follows, will be the same each week:
3 days Mon - Fri 9:30 AM - 7 PM
1 day Mon - Fri 10:30 AM - 7 PM
Every Sat 9 AM - 2 PM
Sun and 1 day Mon - Fri Off
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement