At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Are you driven by relationships and looking to be a part of a team that takes pride in delivering a truly memorable customer experience As a Loan Originator Assistant you would be working closely with assigned Loan Originators to provide a helpful, easy, and personal mortgage experience to all existing and prospective customers of First National Bank of Omaha. This role takes pride in process excellence by understanding the front to end journey of a mortgage loan, being a key player in all aspects of the loan journey, with a focus on the customer needs (both short & long term). As someone who will be working in a fast paced production based environment, you will be also responsible for establishing and developing relationships with various referral sources to foster additional closed loan business.
Assist Loan Originator with all aspects of the mortgage lending process including but not limited to:
- Conducting loan applications via telephone and face to face
- Understanding and assist with automated decision engines for all loan types
- Consistent attendance and engagement with all sales and partnership meetings
- Preparation of disclosures, including Cost Worksheets
- Communication with borrowers, agents, appraisers, underwriters, processors and closers throughout the loan process
- Pipeline review to look at lock expiration dates, close dates, intent to proceed dates, make sure files are moving, etc
- Schedule Closings and Attend as necessary closings as assigned
Research, identify and develop networks that enable exposure and opportunities to develop relationships with potential prospects and existing clientele.
- Prospect and build new relationships with both inside and outside of the bank
Provide sales and administrative support to assigned business office and the mortgage lending group.
- Provide input and assist in the development of marketing materials and strategies.
- Schedule and facilitate weekly pipeline review meetings with assigned LO's
- Assist in the development and maintenance of clientele files.
Maintain and continuously enhance industry knowledge of specific product & service expertise consistent with chosen area of expertise.
- Provide input to and assist in the development of industry related communications.
Demonstrate organizational advocacy through positive teamwork, trust and mutual respect for customers and employees. Develop and implement initiatives that reinforce the mission, vision and advocacy model of First National Bank of Omaha and align to delivering the ultimate home mortgage experience and aligning to First National's Operating Philosophy.
- Provide an individualized and meaningful quality customer experience by engaging the customer, employees, and communities through accountability and mutual respect, integrity, unity, passion and listening to the needs of the customer and employees.
- Seek opportunities and drive development within assigned role - Increasing revenue and reducing expenses.
Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
- Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
- Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
- Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
- Complete special projects as assigned within allotted time frames.
- Be accountable for continuous best efforts to complete the job assigned.
- Exercise a willingness to be a resource to colleagues.
- Practice Real Estate Lending values and support the goals and strategic plan.
- Be proactive and respectful in all relationships.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- Basic knowledge in the area of Real Estate mortgage market in local area
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to be a self starter and be self motivated
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Sales and lending experience
- 2 years sales/financial service experience
- Licensing for area or be along the path to obtaining.
FNBO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer -Member FDIC
This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, credit fitness and criminal background standards. Successful candidates must meet ongoing regulatory requirements including acceptable background investigation and credit report results.
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement