At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.The Senior Associate, Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) Compliance, is responsible for managing the day to day responsibilities of the Bank's RIA entities at First National Bank. This position is accountable to execute and retain records required of RIAs, complete risk assessments, maintain policies and procedures, assist with internal and external audit and examinations and conduct periodic testing and training.
Regulatory Change Management:
- Provide regulatory advice on SEC requirements
- Consult with Compliance partners on SEC and OCC requirements
- Track implementation for regulatory changes and administers change control process within applicable business units
- Write and review procedures
- Work with Corporate Compliance to develop and administer annual regulatory training
Compliance Controls and Reporting:
- Maintain and administer compliance risk assessments; aggregate results and report on gaps to risk appetite
- Maintain appropriate Books and Records as required by the SEC or RIAs
- Carry out first line monitoring of trades and personal securities transactions
- Review marketing materials
- Review and identify potential customer complaints
- Monitor and review email
- Annual review and amend for ADV part II
- Review and approve all program procedures on a periodic basis
- Participate in committees and provide input or updates on compliance related matters
Compliance Issues and Corrective Action:
- Implement and adapt as applicable Corporate Compliance business issues reporting and remediation standards, approve action plans and validate implementation
- Escalate past due issues
- Perform trending and root cause analysis, produce management reporting to be integrated in the overall First National Bank complaints reporting and facilitate process changes
- Assist the CCO with regulatory examinations, request and review responses from applicable business units
Leadership & Teamwork: Promotes an environment that supports collaboration/partnership.
- Fosters positive working relationships with business units, internal audit and appropriate senior management stakeholders to support compliance reviews and monitoring & testing. Offers guidance and advice to appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Sets priority and makes day-to-day decisions. Escalates matters to senior management as needed.
- Provide leadership, motivation, coaching and assessment to ensure optimum team and individual performance in support of company and department goals
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, while still developing and implementing tactical plans.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels in the organization. Proven ability to influence in high impact business meetings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships, listen and actively contribute to discussions.
- Regulatory Expertise:
- Minimum 5 years of RIA compliance experience including regulatory filings, annual mailings, brochure updates and registrations.
- Mutual fund sub-adviser experience preferred.
- OCC regulatory knowledge preferred.
- Monitors regulatory activities and industry developments and identify trends and emerging issues.
- Series 65 or 66 required
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Experience responding to internal and external regulatory requests
If you would like additional compensation and benefit information related to this specific role, please email email@example.com.
FNBO is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. FNBO strives to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNBO Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement