At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.The Corporate Banking Relationship Manager (RM) will deliver advice and value for business customers. They will enable business customer growth and retention in line with credit and risk strategies. The Relationship Manager will "bring the bank to the customer" by connecting business customers with appropriate products to include but not limited to, commercial deposit accounts, payment products, treasury services, business planning, and credit accounts.
- 1. Customer Relationship Management: Help customers be successful by understanding customer needs and matching with FNBO solutions. This will be achieved by alignment with "how we will consistently get the work done" though the Wholesale Banking Group Behaviors;
- Proper use of Salesforce
- Proper use of Precision Lender
- Proper use of IMPAX
- Full adaption to new way of working in nCino
- Be respectful of other roles and process
The Corporate Banking Relationship Manager will manage portfolio relationships matching the skills, knowledge, and experience of the RM to the needs of the customers in their geography framework. A summary of the customer persona is detailed below:
- Professionally Managed Business - "Bring me new and creative solutions that will help propel my business".
- Employment tenure - 7 years
- Company size - 100+ employees
- Management style - Large, Closely held, Professionally managed
- Deliver an Uncommon Understanding for customers and providing advice and value based on the customers financial needs and goals by;
- 40% time spent acquiring new business
- 50% time spent growing existing business
- 10% time spent servicing exiting business
- Be accountable for supporting a portfolio of large complex corporate and structured loans
- Be accountable for generating and servicing a wide variety of general corporate banking customers, including the most complex, large, difficult and sensitive accounts
- Be accountable for developing and managing large structured loans
- Work to continuously obtain quality new business through client and prospect calls, referrals, and cross selling efforts
- Be accountable for managing a portfolio of 50 relationships averaging $225M loans
- Be accountable for managing a portfolio of 35 relationships averaging $15M deposits
*Volume-based expectations will be measured per the RM dashboard/scorecard*
2. Business Development Activities:
- Build a portfolio of business customers by delivering advice and value. Build centers of influence (attorney, accountants, and other needed referral sources)
- RMs will guide, direct and facilitate solutions across all product specialties of the bank for their business customers
- Participate and be involved as an active community member
- Identify new business customer opportunities and solutions aligned to match customer needs.
- Oversee portfolio quality focused on growth and retention in line with credit risk
- Facilitate product partners and support teams based on customer needs
- Negotiate terms and options with customer
- Qualify and document opportunities
- Set expectations with customer regarding timeline and product document requirements
- Leverage technology and tools consistently for data quality
- Use sales and prospecting tools and processes, effectively
3. Cross Functional Working Relationships: Partner with others across the diverse footprint of the enterprise to optimize referral opportunities to meet the needs of the business customer.
- Collaborate with partners across the enterprise to fully optimize meeting the needs of the business customer to accelerate income and growth
4. Compliance: Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
- Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required
- Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations
- Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity
5. Professionalism/Attendance: Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years' experience handling large, complex transactions and customer relationships Ability to build and grow a diverse portfolio of business products with professionally managed businesses
- Strong relationship management and business development skills
- Customer-focused thinker
- Strong credit analysis knowledge and skills
- Proven experience prioritizing and handling multiple customer relationships at the same time
*This role document is reflective of role at a point in time and will continue to evolve and be updated as needed*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement