At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.Underwrite new and/or existing loan applications in accordance with FNNI policies/guidelines and all applicable Federal regulations. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of lending products and procedures. Provide exceptional customer service to Bank personnel, customers, and other affiliated parties.
Performs all underwriting functions for loans up to the lending limit generated in accordance with Bank policies and all applicable laws and regulations. Ensure all loan/underwriting documentation is complete and accurate.
- Perform various analysis of current contract information including but not limited to:
- Income and/or Cashflow Analysis
- Asset Verification
- Appraisal reviews
- Risk Rating Assessment
- Analyze credit worthiness and make credit decisions and escalate issues to Senior and/or Lead Underwriter as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all bank policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain an updated knowledge of current bank policies and applicable laws and regulations.
Provides exceptional customer service to staff, customers, and other related parties in support of the credit process and marketing campaigns.
- Work with internal and/or external customers in order to answer any questions and supply additional support needed to complete underwriting of loan applications.
Process applications in a timely manner to ensure desired service levels and compliance requirements are met. Informs management of changes in application volume, system issues, or other processing concerns.
- Ensure adherence to specific Service Level Agreements either through compliance issues or internal customers.
Assist in the implementation of projects (Departmental wide and/or Consumer Lending portfolio wide) to improve retention, compliance and profitability. (Assigned by Manager)
- Assists management with implementation of procedural and policy changes.
- Ensure that all changes to policy or procedure are incorporated into the daily workflow.
- Assist in the revision of policy and procedures and publish as needed within the department to ensure compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years mortgage underwriting experience or 2-3 years mortgage processing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Ability to multi-task while adhering to multiple timetables of completion.
- Independent decision making and problem resolution skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement