At FNBO, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.This Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Associate will report directly to the CRA Officer and will be integral in ensuring First National Bank of Omaha's (FNBO/the Bank) compliance with the CRA. This role will be responsible for:
* Maintaining a current and in-depth understanding of the CRA to ensure business unit performance aligns with enterprise-wide CRA goals;
* Maintaining a thorough understanding of CRA community development and applying knowledge to the identification and documentation of loans, investments, and services;
* Analyzing data about FNBO's delivery of products and services and assessing performance in relation to the demographic features of the communities in which the Bank operates;
* Discussing CRA objectives within a variety of settings, from one-on-one conversations to large group presentations.
* Serving as expert and lead within the team and providing training to team members.
Provide support to the CRA Officer by applying expertise to support the organization's CRA goals and business needs.
- Perform necessary research and provide management with solutions to proposed questions.
- Work effectively with applicable business units to ensure clear understanding and alignment of efforts regarding CRA performance expectations.
- Maintain thorough understanding of home mortgage and commercial lending activities and their relationship to CRA.
- Maintain thorough understanding of CRA community development and apply knowledge to the identification of loans, investments, and services.
Develop and maintain a broad understanding of all lines of business, key business drivers, overarching strategy of applicable divisions and compliance subjects.
- Proactively identify and communicate CRA performance issues, deficiencies, gaps, etc. that impact divisions' and Bank's ability to meet strategic CRA objectives.
- Develop and promote recommendations to implement CRA initiatives/strategies and best practices that align with division work and support the achievement of business objectives.
Effectively provide compliance consulting services to the enterprise.
- Manage and identify additional training solutions for team members to maintain or exceed established standards of performance
- Provide commercial lenders with insight for identifying and reporting CRA community development loans.
- Work with technology teams to refine Salesforce, the Bank's community development service reporting tool.
- Acquire and analyze data about the Bank's branches and service offerings across all populations including those that are low- and moderate-income.
Identify and recommend opportunities to improve, align, standardize and streamline the overarching effectiveness of CRA performance across the organization.
- Continuously monitor and recommend changes to existing processes, systems and standards to improve overall reporting and analysis
- Present ideas for process improvement and actively lead efforts to solve problems when identified
- Ensure recommendations align and are consistent with best practices
Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the Bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to job duties.
- Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
- Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
- Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
- Practice enterprise values. Maintain constructive working relationships throughout the Bank.
- Support business unit-specific and enterprise-wide goals and strategic plans
- Collaborate with the CRA team to execute deliverables accurately and within defined timelines of completion.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in banking, business, data analytics or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of CRA experience
- An in-depth knowledge of the CRA
- Strong understanding of bank products and services offered to consumers, businesses, and communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Experience building consensus, gaining buy-in and addressing complex issues within all levels of an organization
- Ability to accurately identify the root cause of issue and develop solutions
- Prior experience as a regulatory examiner
- Prior experience in an OCC-regulated Large Bank with Outstanding rating
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement