At First National, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
The Senior Director, Enterprise Architecture (EA) is responsible for directing the program to develop, maintain and leverage the enterprise technology architecture across the organization. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, they will lead a team of principal architects, and be a key influencer in driving our technology modernization and optimization strategies. They will also partner with IT Portfolio Managers and Business Leaders to understand, advocate, and support the business strategies. As part of this work, this leader will mature the technology architecture function, with a focus on talent development, accountability of the role and partnership. The position will have responsibility for making decisions and recommendations clearly linked to the organizations strategy and financial goals. The individual in this role should have a strong background in Team Leadership, Technology Delivery and Architecture. They are also expected to have a business oriented mindset and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Work with CTO and other IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in the context of the technology and business objectives within budget and established timelines.
- Leading the creation or evolution of the enterprise architecture function, including the coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise information systems, data, infrastructure and solution architecture viewpoints.
- Analyzing the current business and IT systems environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Leading the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture, based on business requirements and IT strategies; overseeing enterprise architecture implementation, ongoing enterprise architecture refinement activities, and the documentation of all enterprise architecture design and analysis work.
- Consulting with Technology Leadership and supporting teams to fit solutions to architecture across all viewpoints including Solution Architecture.
- Ensure partnership is maintained across all aspects of architecture through communities of practices, architecture guilds, and day to day working relationships.
- Provide clear direction, foster cross training and encourage professional development to motivate the Principal Architects to achieve success.
- Understand and champion new and innovative technologies that may provide a strategic advantage for the business.
- IT Leadership Team
- Business unit leadership team(s) and Functional Executives
- Outside vendors and technology leaders in other companies
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 15 or more years in Information Technology in roles of increasing complexity
- 10+ years of experience in application development, infrastructure, software & solution architecture with at least 5 years leading teams
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership capability, executing as appropriate in the areas of responsibility
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and workforce management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs, including the ability to differentiate between a relevant trend and hype
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others.
- Experience driving to standard environments, modular architectures, and adopting a cloud architecture.
- An ability to apply best-in-class methodologies to a legacy environment is crucial.
DESIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Possesses mature understanding of foundational architectural concepts.
- Building relationships. Builds both formal and informal professional network.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration.
- Inspires, motivates and guides team members.
- Has experience working with Agile practices.
- Demonstrated ability of influencing senior business and technology stakeholders across the organization, effectively leading change, originating ideas, and championing and gaining commitment
- Has strong business acumen and business planning skills.
- Makes decisions and recommendations clearly linked to the organization's strategy and financial goals, reflecting an awareness of external dynamics.
- Very high degree of initiative, strong work-ethic, creativity, motivation, and accountability.
- Highly effective speaking, listening, writing, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of vendors, service providers, internal and external regulatory agencies, including but not limited to the OCC, FFIEC, PCI-DSS, and Audit.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty.
- Sets and accomplishes challenging goals.
- Operates with a high degree of transparency in technology solution design & decision making.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement