At First National, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Associate II, Office of the President (OOTP) is responsible for the Complaint lifecycle. Specifically, this person is responsible for ensuring complaints are appropriately responded to and that regulatory risks and process improvement opportunities are appropriately identified and as necessary, referred for further research. The Associate will manage their own complaint process to include investigation, research, analysis/trending, decision making and responding to customer complaints through written letters as well as incoming and outgoing calls.
Ensuring the Complaint process fulfills the requirements of the Complaint Program Interact with Compliance and various other Business Units to gather information and provide feedback on various aspects of the complaints process. Responsible for understanding all Complaint Program requirements and ensuring resolution of complaints complies with established requirements. Responsible for understanding applicable Compliance regulations to ensure complaints are accurately documented, resolved and escalated for further review when needed. Research and Investigate Escalated Complaints
- Responsible for reviewing interactions with customers and determining appropriate classification of complaints, identifying associated regulatory risks, and accurately identifying complaint reasons, root cause, and other key information to assist in trending and analysis.
- Responsible for researching and asking investigative questions of various business units and levels across the enterprise and utilizing this information to determine the validity of the complainant's allegation, make decisions on when customer remediation is needed, and document conclusions.
- Use problem solving, common sense, and well-informed judgment in resolving escalated customer complaints, including UDAAP and other fairness allegations, and knowing when to escalate other higher risk complaints to Corporate Compliance and Legal.
- Responsible for detecting circumstances that create negative customer impact and increased risk to the bank, and escalating for further review of potential systemic issues.
Responding to Escalated Customer Complaints
- Responsible for deciding whether a customer response is warranted and determining the appropriate method of response.
- Responsible for communicating with customers to resolve escalated complaints through various channels, including, but not limited to, phone, letter, email, social media, etc.
Direct Administrative work with OOTP Support Staff
- Provide direction to gather administrative materials/data to support the complaint process, i.e. statements, reporting, call summaries
- Provide direction to create final submission packet for closing out the complaint ticket
Professionalism and Team Work
- Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
- Ability to give direction to other team members and other business units in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance in alignment with departmental/divisional policy.
- Exercise a willingness to be a resource to colleagues.
- Maintain constructive and respectful working relationships.
- Responsible for quality check of team member's work.
- Demonstrates a desire to do what's right for the customer and the bank.
Compliance: Understand and adhere to all policies, laws, and regulations applicable to this role.
- Required to follow the Complaints Program and timelines.
- Adhere to the banks BSA/AML program, which includes, but not limited to, the customer identification program, customer due diligence policy, and completing all BSA/AML training in a timely manner.
- Complete compliance training by designated deadlines.
- Adherence to NPPI policies and procedures.
- Identify, monitor, and report suspicious activity.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or two years related experience.
- Customer Service experience in-person or phone (experience with escalation calls preferred).
- Previous Compliance experience.
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and recommend objective resolutions to problems and risk analysis.
- Proven ability to work as a team.
- Superior verbal/written communication skills.
- Superior level of engagement and professionalism.
- Demonstrated proficiency with multiple systems.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Conflict resolution.
- Strong ability to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of banking and applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of systems (FirstWork, TBS, FI, Foundation, ICE, JIRA, ResourceOne).
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Experience with professional writing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement