At First National, our employees are the heart of our story--and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Residential Staff Appraisers are responsible for completing residential appraisal reports in compliance with USPAP and all applicable regulatory and investor requirements.
Key Accountabilities to complete USPAP compliant appraisal reports in accordance with applicable regulatory and investor requirements:
- Maintain a working knowledge of USPAP and all other applicable regulations and investor requirements--including but not limited to: Fannie Mae, FHA, USDA, and the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines.
- Physically inspect the interior of subject properties and identify both positive and negative characteristics.
- Physically observe comparable properties from the street and identifying both positive and negative characteristics.
- Understand local neighborhood and market trends.
- Complete Highest and Best Use analysis of subject properties as vacant and as improved.
- Utilize the Sales Comparison Approach to value, and incorporate independent judgment to determine adjustments.
- If applicable, identify site value and incorporate into the Cost Approach to value.
- If applicable, develop the Income Approach.
- Reconcile approaches to value to derive final market value conclusion.
- Maintain appraiser independence in accordance with all applicable regulations and investor requirements.
Other Key Accountabilities:
- Interact with customers, referral partners, and First National employees in a professional, courteous, and impartial manner while maintaining appraiser independence.
- Maintain subscriptions to local Metro Listing Services (MLS) systems and other data sources necessary to research and obtain market data.
- Manage order volume in a manner that ensures submission of appraisal reports on or before the agreed upon delivery date.
- Meet or exceed production goals while producing high quality appraisal reports.
- Promptly address revision requests and/or requests for additional information, when applicable.
- Remain informed on current events and economic trends as they relate to the appraiser's coverage area.
- Active and in good standing Certified Residential Appraisal License in the State of Nebraska
- Active FHA appraiser roster status is preferred. Eligibility for active FHA appraiser roster status is required.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adhere to established deadlines.
- Ability to self-manage.
- Basic PC and office equipment skills including Microsoft Office Suite--Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Acceptable candidates must have a valid drivers license and a reliable vehicle for completing field work.
- Applicant must be able to physically inspect subject properties including: measuring the home from the exterior and interior, accessing attic spaces, and accessing crawl spaces when applicable.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement