At First National, our employees are the heart of our story and we re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization s success.
Non-Exempt | Monday Through Friday
The Analyst II, Treasury Quantitative Modeling is a member of the team in FN Treasury responsible for the development, updates and execution of quantitative models that underlie A/L and stress test forecasts. The analyst will work closely with the Director Quantitative Modeling and will be responsible for contributing to model development, model updates, model framework, model output, results documentation, model validation and communication of results. This individual should have an in-depth understanding of economic variables, bank financial and statistical analysis.
Model Development / Deployment
- Develop quantitative models through collaborative efforts with various stakeholders; including Asset Liability Risk Manager, Director Quantitative Modeling, Capital Planning and Model Risk Management
- Contribute to development, deployment and maintenance of models used for stress testing, A/L risk management, and Capital Planning as well as other areas as needed.
- Find, clean, and structure appropriate data; and develop and test hypothesis
- Compile documentation to support model development, maintenance and enhancement.
- Ensure models are built on a robust, theoretically sound, repeatable framework.
- Ensure models related to stress testing are in accordance with OCC 2012-14 and 2014-5
- Effectively communicate analytical results, findings and solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
Model Risk Management
- Assist in management of model risk in accordance with FNN Model Risk Management policy and OCC 2011-12. Communicate validation results to manager.
- Discover and diagnose modeling related risks including input data, assumptions, concept, methodology, process and implementation. Provide subject matter expertise on model strengths and weaknesses and recommend/implement practical solutions.
- Assist with interactions with validators throughout the engagement and throughout any potential remediation process.
- Execute effective and timely performance monitoring for models to prove efficacy and soundness.
- Perform validations of models as required in accordance with FNN Model Risk Management policy and OCC 2011-12.
- Assist in data gathering, data integrity reviews and documentation
- Provide timely recording and reporting of incoming economic data series used by the department
Ad hoc research
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research as needed
- Bachelor s degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or STEM-related quantitative field required
- Minimum of one (1) year of logistic regression model, survival analysis, variable reduction techniques, hypothesis testing, non-parametric testing, design of experiments, ANOVA, and linear regression experience required
- Familiarity with developing, maintaining and monitoring quantitative predictive models required
- Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships. Maintain regular and predictable attendance in alignment with departmental/divisional policy.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Proven ability to interact credibly with cross functional teams and with stakeholders in other control functions such as audit, finance, credit risk administration, Decision Sciences. Demonstrate ability to interact credibly with external stakeholders such as regulators and external validators.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills, with an aptitude for delivering presentations that identify root causes and trends.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships, listen and actively contribute to discussions
- Demonstrates a consultative approach with the ability to analyze stakeholder needs
Compliance: Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
- Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
- Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
- Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement