At First National, our employees are the heart of our story and we re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization s success.
Provide support to an in-house corporate legal department by conducting legal and related research, reviewing and preparing legal and other documents, and completing other tasks as assigned. Research includes state and federal laws and regulations that govern national and state banks, financial holding companies, and various corporate entities, as well as state and federal litigation, discovery and other rules. Document review and preparation includes contracts, corporate resolutions and minutes, state and federal regulatory filings, pleadings for litigation, and others.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Conduct research and draft memoranda on various topics related to the operation of the company's business.
2. Review and interpret contracts, laws, regulations, and other guidance relating to the operation of the company's business.
3. Prepare draft pleadings, discovery requests and responses, and various other litigation related documents. Review documents and records for production in litigation matters.
4. Otherwise provide general support to the Legal Department in the areas of corporate law, banking, contracts, corporate governance, litigation, regulatory compliance, among others.
5. Other duties as assigned.
6. Involves sitting, typing and use of a computer for extended periods of time. Ability to lift 40 lbs from time to time.
1. Regular and Predictable attendance.
2. Completion of One (1) year (or in second semester) & current student of an accredited law school.
3. Professional demeanor; ability to maintain confidences.
4. Ability to work individually (self-motivated) and as a team member.
5. Capable of interacting with varying audiences.
6. Knowledge of Lexis and other research platforms, Microsoft Office applications, and aptitude to quickly learn other applications as needed.
1. Strong research skills.
2. Effective writing skills.
3. Strong problem-solving skills.
After completion of this application, please send a writing sample to Karrissa Jyles at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will likely extend through the spring of 2020 based on performance. Are you able to fulfill that request?
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement
|Date Posted||January 9, 2019|
|Date Closes||March 10, 2019|
|Address||1601 Dodge Street Omaha, NE 68102|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Work At||Omaha - FN Tower|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories