Analyst I, Portfolio Analysis
First National Bank Omaha, NE
This position will assist Portfolio Managers in various equity analysis, equity research coverage, and portfolio reporting responsibilities. Additional accountabilities include assistance with equity trading and investment operations functions, as well as special projects as assigned.
1. Investment Research & Analysis: Assist Portfolio Managers with equity research projects, including screening for investment prospects, performing financial and valuation analysis, and preparing written research reports.
2. Investment Coverage: Assist Portfolio Managers with ongoing coverage of existing investments, including earnings analysis and reporting on news and other company-related events. Participate in investment meetings. Assist in organizing and maintaining research records.
3. Portfolio Reporting: Contribute to the regular portfolio reporting process through data collection and analysis, summarization of information, and preparation of materials for meetings/presentations.
4. Equity Trading: Assist Portfolio Managers in pre-trade analysis and cross-checks. Learn various trading processes to provide assistance to the Trade Desk in times of high activity.
5. Investment Operations: Become familiar with basic operational processes. Perform any tasks that may be assigned with accuracy and in a timely manner, and assist with additional projects as requested.
6. Continuing Education: Pursue the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. Continue to improve the quality of analytical work through self-study and interaction with Portfolio Managers and Analysts.
7. Exhibit professional behavior, develop and promote positive working relationships.
8. Compliance: Understand and adhere to all organization policies, laws and FINRA / SEC regulations applicable to role.
1. BA/BS in relevant field (Business, Finance, Econ or Accounting).
2. Progress toward the Chartered Financial Analyst designation, or intent to enroll in the program.
3. Understanding of value investing principles.
4. Knowledge of finance, accounting, and economic concepts and theories.
5. Strong aptitude for financial and valuation analysis.
6. Superior written and verbal communication skills.
7. Attention to detail and the ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
1. Prior equity analysis, or investment industry, experience would be considered a positive, but is not required.
2. Experience with FactSet, Bloomberg, or comparable analysis tools.
| Date Posted
September 15, 2017
| Date Closes
November 14, 2017
| Located In
| Work At
Omaha - First National Bank (Main Bank)
M-F 8am - 5pm
| Days of Week
| SOC Category
This job is related other jobs in these career categories