**This position will require that you spend 50% (or more during busy seasons) of your time working remotely or in the country with producers. This position is eligible for a variable compensation plan, including both team and individual performance-based incentives with unlimited earning potential.**
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. We are looking for an entry to senior level Insurance Officer (Crop Insurance) to join our team.
The Insurance Officer role is ideal for those who have a passion for serving production agriculture, are driven to deliver exceptional customer service and value supporting their local communities. In this role, youll have the opportunity to bring in new customers and build relationships with a focus on expanding a portfolio of larger, more complex operations while being part of a supportive team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary agent for crop insurance policies providing comprehensive servicing to Hail Policies and Supplemental Insurance Products and achieving sales goals established in conjunction with their leader for assigned marketing areas. Responsible for selling Multi-Peril (MPCI), Margin Protection (MP), Crop Hail, Pasture, Rangeland, Forage (PRF), Livestock, and Supplemental insurance products to customer and non-customer prospects, communicating options to customers, utilizing website tools, policy provisions, and other resources to help customers make risk management decisions, and preparing and presenting quotes for Livestock and/or other applicable insurance products in the region.
- Develop and execute a personal marketing plan that identifies customer needs and risk tolerance, cross-sells all products and services, and contributes to the business and product depth goals. Build an active sales pipeline through individual and joint sales calls, prepare proposals for one-on-one sales calls with customers or prospects, and utilize the Associations' sales tools, techniques, and technology to complete, track, and document sales and customer activities.
- Share expertise by delivering sales presentations, offer comprehensive product and sales guidance individually or to groups, drawing upon in-depth knowledge of the crop insurance industry. Represent the Associations at industry and agricultural events in the region and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. Proactively provide referrals to other teammates, identifying opportunities for collaboration and cross-selling.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with insurance company representatives to resolve policies issues, understand product offerings and drive sales results. Make business placement decisions based upon AIP products and offerings.
Service and Processing
- Provide service and processing support by processing insurance forms from multiple insurance vendors for MPCI, MP, Crop Hail, and Supplemental products, analyzing and entering applications online, and serving as the point of contact for policy changes.
- Collect acreage information and process it directly online with the AIP system, if appropriate, and report claims for the assigned portfolio. Leverage customer's precision farming data to gather acreage and production reporting information, and partner with the Insurance Specialist as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree inAgriculture, Finance, or Business preferred
Years of Experience
6+ years' experiencein an agriculture related field with sales and service
Relationship management and/or sales experience
Experience in servicing a large complex book of business and a proven record of growing a book of business
Experience as a licensed crop insurance agent or insurance company representative with sales responsibilities preferred
FCSAmerica and Frontier Farm Credit are jointly managed financial cooperatives but are separately owned by their farmer and rancher customers. Our customer-owners are directly served by their local financial and crop insurance team.
FCSAmerica supports rural communities and agriculture in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. Frontier Farm Credit supports eastern Kansas. Together, we provide credit, crop insurance and other financial services to more than 60,000 agricultural producers and agribusinesses.
It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of todays agricultural industry, and our combined 1,900 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We have job opportunities in Omaha, Nebraska, where FCSAmerica is headquartered, and 48 local offices across five states.
We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nations largest and most complex agribusinesses.
The Insurance Officer position at FCSAmerica and Frontier Farm Credit is a great opportunity for individuals with a passion for serving production agriculture and providing exceptional customer service. This role involves selling a variety of crop insurance products, building relationships with customers, and collaborating with a supportive team. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Finance, or Business and at least 6 years of experience in an agriculture-related field with sales and service. This position offers a variable compensation plan with unlimited earning potential. Join our team and be a part of supporting rural communities and agriculture in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, and eastern Kansas.
#InsuranceOfficer #CropInsurance #Agriculture #CustomerService #Sales #RuralCommunities #FCSAmerica #FrontierFarmCredit