Quality Assurance Engineer
- Responsible for designing and implementing automated testing strategies and collaborating and consulting with teams on testing strategy implementation and creating testing plans for projects.
- Leverage automation to create test scripts and standards for visualizing and reporting system health, implementing tools and processes that enable consistent visualizations and reporting across solutions.
- Perform regression testing to identify risks and interdependencies prior to releases.
- Design and develop testing solutions and automation.
- Design and execute test plans and cases for multi-component products across multiple resources and parallel development tracks.
- Analyze business requirements and design documents for completeness and testability.
- Perform and coordinate test validation activities using automated testing tools and concepts and participate in selection, support and maintenance of testing automation tools, including development of technical documentation and guidance.
- Identify and track defects, perform root cause analysis and collaborate with technology teams to resolve issues.
- Define quality metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, efficiency and overall solution quality. Identify, test, track and report KPI trends for platforms and complex distributed systems.
- Champion testability and quality assurance practices, provide technical expertise and support on key initiatives and contribute to development of quality assurance guidance and testing strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or a closely related field with four years of experience with quality assurance strategies, test planning and design that includes:
- Using Microsoft SQL Server or a similar data repository for applications and test data, assessing risk and implementing risk-based testing strategies, using CI/CD tools (Azure pipelines, Octopus, Jenkins), and in creating visualizations, supporting data, and tests as well as in functional, performance and system integration testing across a variety of platforms; familiarity with software quality strategies and tactics, logging/application monitoring tools, modern technology platforms, and scheduling platforms, continuous builds, and the use of source control repositories; understanding of service based, multi-tier, object-oriented architectures; and knowledge of performance testing and stress testing tools and techniques.
Who is Farm Credit Services of?America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Quality Assurance Engineer position is an excellent opportunity to join a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and implementing automated testing strategies, creating testing plans, leveraging automation to create test scripts, performing regression testing, and more. Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or a closely related field with four years of experience with quality assurance strategies, test planning and design. #QAEngineer #SoftwareEngineer #SoftwareTesting #SoftwareDevelopment #SoftwareQA #SoftwareQualityAssurance #SoftwareTestingTools #SoftwareTestingAutomation #SoftwareTestingStrategies #SoftwareTestingProcess #SoftwareTestingPlanning #SoftwareTestingDesign