Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Corporate Accounting Specialist that will be responsible for accounting duties including general ledger, accounts receivable and fixed asset accounting. In addition to maintaining the automated general ledger system, this Corporate Accounting Specialist will perform various and voluminous internal control and journal entry activities necessary to assure accuracy and reliability of multi-entity general ledgers and will perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings. The ideal candidate would have large enterprise accounting experience and a comprehensive knowledge of general ledger accounts and subsidiary ledgers.
- Coordinate and perform daily general ledger processing for multiple entities assuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Farm Credit Administration (FCA) regulations and IRS requirements.
- Control, analyze and maintain the general ledger financial system. Assure financial system control reports are reviewed daily and exception items are resolved in a timely manner. Analyze chart of accounts and cost center structure and determine hierarchy changes necessary to achieve desired reporting outcomes.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings of the Associations’ multiple entities.
- Perform the general ledger cash accounting internal control processes for the Associations.
- Perform the operating expense allocation entry and inter-entity settlement process for the Associations in the general ledger.
- Serve as the business owner of the automated accounts receivable system for non-interest revenue sources.
- Serve as the business owner of the automated Fixed Asset system. Perform the fixed asset accounting function for the Associations to assure appropriate accounting for buildings, furniture, equipment, and vehicles in compliance with GAAP, IRS regulations, policies and procedures.
- 6+ years working in a general accounting environment, including large enterprise reporting, general ledger, accounts receivable and fixed asset systems.
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of PC based financial systems software
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), chart of accounts structure and concepts, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to determine proper accounting for complex transactions.
- CPA/CMA designation
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Banking, or Finance