Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Business Analyst who has a demonstrated ability to support the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Enterprise Reporting Environment product as a subject matter expert processing incidents, research, work and project requests. Responsibilities include triage and assessing impact of requests by interacting with requestors. Diagnostic and data collection for troubleshooting and remediation to assist with resolutions. Brings technical and business knowledge into strategic conversations about the EDW and Enterprise Reporting products.
This BI Business Analyst will assist with work management and project prioritization with business owners to clearly define business needs and create a better understanding of a project's business value to meet strategic goals and objectives. They will lead planning and execution of assigned BI projects guiding the project team through defined processes, clearing obstacles and managing outside interruptions and distractions.
The BI Business Analyst will collaborate with various business users to develop and review system documentation. Identify and document reporting requirements, objectives, and ensure requirements are understood. Serve as a change management agent and assist with developing and executing communication plans. They will assist in coordinating, evaluating and analyzing operational and functional reporting and data analysis tools. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement in data, format, reports, data marts, and maintenance and enhancement of existing reports.
- Work with business owners to clearly define business needs and create a better understanding of the projects'business value.
- Support the delivery of data and reports through coordination of efforts of a cross-functional team of business and development teammatesand recommend innovative solutions to meet business user needs.
- Fully understand the project, clearly articulate the requirementsand work with the BI developers to ensure the goals of the project are accomplished.
- Facilitate and coordinate project prioritization with input and direction from organizational leadership to help ensure appropriate balance is brought to BI development efforts to meet organization strategic goals and objectives.
- Work with different business units and IT communitiesto identify constraints/limitations and communicate the needs to different stakeholders and leaders to drive the project to success as planned.
- Administer epics outlined in the overall BI plan and ensure timelines are met.
- Monitor, consult, and support the deliverables and standards to ensure business needs are met in the time frame allotted.
- Control project scope as necessary.
- Assist in identifying business information needs for an enterprise data warehouse and related reporting structures and interfaces. Partner with business and technical teams to define analytical and reporting needs in support of the strategic goals of the company. Identify metrics and KPIs that provide timely strategic insights.
- 5 years Researching, analyzing and developing solutions for complex business systems (relevant company knowledge/experience may off-set some of the technical requirements).
- Familiar with relational database concepts and SQL, preferred experience includes using software tools to generate database queries, data files and reports.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to utilize data to recommend solutions and drive strategic business decisions.
- Familiarity with agile project methodology.
- Bachelor'sDegree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or Training Preferred.