Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is looking for a Temporary Data Integration Engineer to help build and maintain data pipelines that are scalable, repeatable, and secure, and that can serve multiple users within our Association.
The ideal candidate will have experience in obtaining data from a variety of different sources, putting it in the right formats, assuring it adheres to data quality, privacy and security standards, and assuring that downstream users can quickly receive the data. The Data Integration Engineer will also automate business processes by integrating independent processes to manage economies of scale and improve customer experience.
Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. That is why we seek highly motivated, positive-thinking people who foster honesty and integrity – the core values that guide how we work and treat others.
- Design and build scalable, low-latency, fault-tolerant streaming data platform that empowers diverse end users to extract meaningful and timely insights from our data assets.
- Work with business stakeholders to create a value stream of business process and automate them.
- Work closely with business and technology stakeholders to build the next generation Distributed Streaming Data Pipelines and Analytics Data Stores using streaming frameworks
- Build a platform that facilitates gathering and collecting data, storing it, performing real-time processing on it, and serve it to end users and decision-making systems.
- Help drive adoption of the Data Analytics platform as part of the larger data strategy.
- Maintain an on-going understanding of emerging data management technologies, industry trends and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Data Governance, or Data Management
- 0-3 years’ relevant experience in data or software engineering
- Knowledge of relational databaseand programming languages
- Hands-on expertise with database concepts, business processes and automation tools.
- Experience with deployment platforms
- Production experience of building a robust, fault-tolerant data pipeline that cleans, transforms, and aggregates unorganized and messy data into databases or data sources
- Practical experience in performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problem analysis
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server or Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures
- Experience with data warehousing principles, schema design, data governance, and database security