Frontier Farm Credit is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are hiring a Closing Specialist to join our team that can be based out of Baldwin, Kansas office. We are looking for people with a high level of attention to detail as well as strong communications skills. These teammates will communicate with teammates, customers and third parties in Eastern Kansas.
In this critical role you will represent Frontier Farm Credit during the loan closing process. You’ll handle all aspects of the loan closing including, drafting and reviewing loan documentation, managing the title policy/opinion process for exceptions and preparing loan documents. The ideal candidate will have previous closing experience, whether Real Estate, Lines of Credit or Term loans.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with customers, prospects,team members and visitors to the retail office.
- Limits risk to the organization by timely processing of renewals.
- Confirm accuracyof loan pricing and fees. Assist with obtaining exception approvals when needed.
- Execute rate lock agreements with the customer, monitor closing deadline and extend rate lock/collect cancellation fee if applicable.
- Complete loan verification requirements related to loan documents such as title work, collateral ownership entity verification, legal name verification, etc.
- Responsible for review of entity and trust documentation and preparation of resolutions to borrow.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations such as HMDA, Reg B, and Reg Z, order flood determinations when required.
- Due diligence in preparation of non-consumer new loan origination and loan renewal documents.
- Ensure appraisal report matches legal description of property and appraisal conditions are met.
- Responsible to collect loan fees.
- Book loans – add any necessary/related alerts.
- Due diligence in perfecting lien position.
- Obtain assignment of indemnity for Life Insurance/Builder’s Insurance/Construction Insurance/Schedule of Crop Insurance and follow up that assignment of indemnity is complete.
- Maintain accuracy of collateral tracking system.
- Construction loan monitoring, to include disbursement of loan funds at customer’s request, for non-consumer loans.
Servicing Role Activities
- Prepare servicing action documents for non-consumer loans for: additional advances, collateral addition, subtraction, easement or subordination by FCSA or 3rdparty, or partial real estate release.
- Complete entity verification.
- Amend UCC filings for changes.
- High school education or equivalent required
- Minimum of three years related experience
- Must possess or have ability to earn within the first six to 12 months the Loan Closing and Finalizing Certification as provided by the internal Retail Lending Solutions and Legal teams. Recertification required every 5 years
- Two or four-year college degree preferred