Farm Credit Services of America (FCSA) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are looking for an experienced leader to lead the real estate and chattel appraisal and valuation processes in the Iowa region. In this role, you’ll provide training, development and leadership to appraisal team members. You will also work with other appraisal leaders to assure appraisals and valuations meet FCSAmerica/Frontier Farm Credit standards, FCA standards, and the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
The ideal candidate will be a servant leader, General Certified Appraiser, comfortable working independently and have a passion to serve customers, lending teammates, and the communities in which they live. This position may involve 50% of travel in and around the Iowa region.
- Provide team leadership, shared vision, and positive communications to achieve the Associations’ vision and strategy consistent with the Associations’ core values and team principles.
- Build strong relationships and collaborative partnerships within the Associations to understand the business opportunities and challenges.
- Instill a participative work team environment as well as recruiting and developing the team and individuals.
- Lead coordination of appraisal and valuation activity and service needs.
- Work collaboratively with other Appraisal, Credit, and Lending Teams to meet the Associations’ goals and objectives including leading change.
- Responsible for leading the real estate and chattel appraisal and valuation activities for traditional producers, commercial livestock and grain producers, agribusinesses, recreational enthusiasts, and rural residences.
- Lead the workflow and analysis of appraisal and valuation requests to provide service which meets and exceeds customer expectations. Manage collateral risk in the portfolio to meet the Associations’ strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership to support comprehensive Association efforts in establishing and applying a sound appraisal and valuation philosophy through leadership and participation in appraisal team responsibilities.
- Identify concerns and weaknesses to ensure that risk is accurately identified and credit and appraisal administration, policy, and procedures are all balanced in the best interest of the customer and the Association.
- Responsible for all appraisal and collateral related issues. This includes collaborating with other Appraisal Leadership Team members in establishing effective internal controls, including delegations, reviews, and approved appraiser lists to assure appraisals completed by team members and external appraisers are prepared according to the Associations' standards and USPAP.
- Maintain focus on technology improvement, change management, industry updates and forward thinking to ensure the Appraisal Team remains relevant, informed and fully positioned with Associations’ goals and direction.
- Certified General Appraiser in good standing (in state of residency).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business, Finance, or Economics is preferred
- 7-10 years related experience in completing real estate and chattel appraisals
- Leadership experience is preferred
- Knowledge of agricultural related trends.
- Excellent skills required in judgment, decisiveness, analysis, organizing and planning, communications (verbal and written), interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and adaptability.
- Knowledge and ability to accurately interpret USPAP, FCA regulations, and district and Association policies, procedures, standards and expectations.