We are looking for a Software Systems Engineer (Web Systems) to design, develop, and deliver software solutions on the .NET platform, utilizing .NET, C#, and CMS (we use Sitefinity) technology.
As a Software Systems Engineer (Web Systems), you will have an active hands-on role working closely with internal teams to deliver solutions that best leverage the capabilities of web systems such as Sitefinity. This position requires a focus on writing great code and a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle. You must be a self-starter who takes pride in delivering high-quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic, and Agile environment.
This position will work within the Enterprise Applications team. This is a team that supports the implementation, configuration, monitoring, and ongoing support of Enterprise Application platforms such as SharePoint, Office 365, Exchange, and both internal and external-facing websites.
- Design, coordinate, configure and install highly secure and scalable applications across multiple environments (ex. Development, Test, Production and Disaster Recovery) and in accordance with industry best practices and internal change management standards. Coordinate upgrades and patches with other technology teams and business owners.
- Utilize advanced scripting techniques and/or current Windows-based programming languages to automate processes or enhance/customize third-party software that is supported by the team.
- Manage data movement for supported systems by leveraging an enterprise scheduling system, and advanced scripting techniques.
- Collaborate with both functional and cross-functional teams to define and design new system requirements or opportunities for automation.
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technologies to expand functional and operational capabilities when needed.
- Develop and execute automated test plans to ensure compliance with requirements, usability, performance, and reliability.
- Monitor key enterprise systems to enhance system performance and avoid service interruptions. This includes building alerts and notifications from system events as well as providing support (both during normal hours and after hours) for any triggered alerts.
- Experience developing on an enterprise Content Management System (CMS) such as Sitefinity, Embraco, Sitecore.
- Working development experience with .NET, C#, SQL, and GIT.
- Working experience with form builders and workflow automation tools such as Nintex.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in implementing, configuring, automating, and monitoring enterprise systems preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in MIS or Computer Science is preferred.
Farm Credit Services of America