Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is seeking a Real Estate Appraiser to join our team. This role will complete non-complex to complex real estate assignments over a broad geographic area, with an emphasis on appraisal production. Gathers and analyzes relevant information to produce credible appraisals, generally without subject property inspections. Responsible for data management including collection, verification and analysis of sales as well as maintaining other information required for the valuation process. Qualified certified appraisers supervise/mentor non-certified appraisers review their appraisals and direct appraisal assignments to appropriate appraisers. Consults with appraisal and regional team members, as well as customers, regarding appraisal issues and market trends. Complies with Farm Credit Services of America/Frontier Farm Credit standards and Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). Works in a team environment to accomplish goals and consistently provides for a great customer experience.
- Effectively uses technology and other information sources (GIS, customer, other on-line sources and Financial Officer) to gather and analyze information for real estate appraisal requests in lieu of physically inspecting most properties.
- Completes real estate appraisals while providing for a great customer experience. Focus on non-complex to complex appraisal assignments, generally without subject property inspections. Apply a differential approach to analysis and reporting. Appraisals must meet Uniform Standards of Professional Practice and FCSAmerica/Frontier standards.
- Review and finalize appraisals completed by non-certified appraisers, providing constructive feedback to develop their appraisal skills.
- Analyze and complete sales associated with appraisal requests. Ensures adequate sales data is analyzed to provide a reliable basis for appraisals, valuation systems and market zone ranges. Coordinates effort with the Appraisal Sales Specialists. Maintains adequate cost and income data. Effectively uses technology for data management.
- Maintains a visible presence with the regional teams providing market data support and valuation consulting.
- Collaborates effectively with appraisal team members to ensure seamless customer service. Includes providing backup for other appraisers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to complete course work and hours necessary for the Certified Appraiser exam within 3 years, or have already completed and withhold the certification.
- Previous related experience in real estate appraisal preferred.