The Legislative Affairs Coordinator will support initiatives that enhance influence on and involvement with legislation and regulations that impact the day-to-day operations and marketplace success of Farm Credit Services of America and Frontier Farm Credit.
In this role, you will help execute the federal and state level influence strategies defined by our Legislative Affairs Officer with specific responsibility for preparing and organizing communication materials, correspondence, reports, briefings, events and budgets. You’ll also help monitor developments in the external legislative and regulatory environment that impact our interests and those of our customer-owners.
Farm Credit Services of America is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
Federal Legislative Affairs
- Arrange briefing schedules for the Associations' directors and leaders to meet with Congressional delegations and staff.
- Prepare attendees with talking points and background materials and organize appropriate follow-up communication.
- Establish and maintain a repository of the Associations' policy positions on issues including testimony, talking points, background papers and other communications.
- Prepare communications soliciting the Associations' directors and eligible employees to contribute to the Farm Credit PAC.
- Prepare internal reports on solicitation results. Maintain a database of Congressional campaign contacts and arrange for the distribution of PAC funds to select Congressional campaigns.
- Organize sponsorship and/or participation in events that align with the Associations' legislative affairs objectives.
- Become familiar with Farm Credit Administration regulations and processes to update and change regulations.
- Monitor developments at the FCA specifically related to regulatory change.
- Stay informed of developments in the external environment pertaining to agriculture, the finance system, government agencies and regulators, i.e., legislation, administrative action, industry priorities and interests.
State Legislative Affairs
- Monitor developments in state legislative bodies, regulatory agencies, industry groups and elsewhere that impact the interests of the Associations.
- Prepare correspondence to state legislators to communicate the Associations' position on legislation.
- Serve as day-to-day operational contact and manage the collection and distribution of reports prepared by contract lobbyists on legislative activities.
Legislative Affairs Implementation Model
- Manage the Associations' program for recurring communication with federal and state legislators, regulatory bodies and industry groups. Help prepare and ensure timely delivery of communications to share the Associations' activities and positions on key topics. Oversee production of materials including newsletters, presentations and reports for internal and external use.
- Maintain a database of organization memberships and dues paid by the Associations for legislative affairs purposes and administer the program budget.
- Help communicate program priorities and outcomes to Association directors and leaders to enhance visibility and engagement with legislative affairs and nurture support through information, expertise and advocacy.
- Bachelors Degree in Communication, Political Science or related field.
- 5+ years experience in public relations/public affairs with preference for experience in a legislative affairs environment.
- Must have experience in managing communication, events and program processes in support of stakeholder relations and policy influence.
Farm Credit Services of America