Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica) is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace.
We are seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Business Analyst who has a demonstrated ability to support production environments, daily reporting frameworks and has experience in prioritizing business information needs that support business decision making capabilities. A successful candidate has outstanding business acumen, and is passionate about using data to drive decision making.
In this role, the BI Business Analyst will facilitate and coordinate project prioritization, administer epics outlined in overall BI plan and ensure business needs are met in the time frame allotted. This individual will provide recommendations for continuous improvement in data, format, reports, data marts, and maintenance and enhancement of existing reports. This includes collaborating with various business users to develop and review system documentation.
- Work with business owners to clearly define business needs and create a better understanding of the projects business value.
- Support the delivery of data and reports through coordination of efforts of a cross-functional team of business and development teammates, and recommend innovative solutions to meet business user needs.
- Fully understand the project and work with the BI developers to ensure the goals of the project are accomplished.
- Facilitate and coordinate project prioritization with input and direction from organizational leadership to help ensure appropriate balance is brought to BI development efforts to meet organization strategic goals and objectives.
- Work with different business units and IT community to identify constraints/limitations and communicate the needs to different stakeholders and leaders to drive the project to success as planned.
- Administer epics outlined in the overall BI plan and ensure timelines are met.
- Monitor, consult, and support the deliverables and standards throughout the project to ensure business needs are met in the time frame allotted.
- Control project scope as necessary.
- Assist in identifying business information needs for an enterprise data warehouse and related reporting structures and interfaces.
- Partner with business and technical teams to define analytical and reporting needs in support of the strategic goals of the company.
- 5 years Researching, analyzing and developing solutions for complex business systems (relevant company knowledge/experience may off-set some of the technical requirement).
- Familiar with relational database concepts and SQL, preferred experience includes using software tools to generate database queries, data files and reports.
- Demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to utilize data to recommend solutions and drive strategic business decisions.
- Familiarity with agile project methodology.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or Training Preferred.
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.