Work independently and/or participate as a member of AgriBusiness Capital team in reviewing broader quality assurance scope of process and/or procedure risk, etc. Incumbent(s) will perform internal team operational, financial, compliance or investigative audits via random sampling in key risk areas as identified by either internal audit findings or members of the Business Risk Teams. Directly responsible for quality review and due diligence of AgriBusiness Capital business processes and procedures related to loan origination, cash management, loan monitoring and loan booking processes to assure work performed is in adherence to Associations’ policies and applicable regulations. This position will take the lead in developing value-added recommendations to address identified deficiencies in loan administration and internal controls to help manage risk and improve service quality. Provide support to the VPs AgriBusiness Capital Operations (Sales and Credit) for audit and loan reviews, procedure manual updates, continual process improvement and training. Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: Directly - None.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Conduct and manage audits and reviews of key risk areas in AgriBusiness Capital to ensure integrity of financial data, safeguarding of assets, and compliance with policies and procedures. Identify risk and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and recommend improvements in processes, procedures, and controls. Perform additional special projects. Quality Review
• Responsible for researching and relaying proper procedures and best practices to the AgriBusiness Capital team regarding the preparation of documents, internal controls, and steps necessary to mitigate risk.
• Focus on assessing the effectiveness of file administration such as verification, funding processes, and applicable legal documentation.
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of loan origination, cash management, loan monitoring and loan booking processes and documentation and verification of such processes.
• Utilize in-depth knowledge and experience with AgriBusiness Capital loan origination system, Credit Path, credit processes/procedures, loan administration, credit and business related legal documents, and other credit process technology applications to serve as a subject matter expert in conjunction with the AgriBusiness Capital Business Solutions Manager/Specialist .
• Complete post-close and post-transaction quality review of processes to ensure appropriate documentation has been obtained, indexed and appropriate compliance letters were sent. Compliance
• Assist in the AgriBusiness Capital Team credit reviews and internal audits on a regular basis, by providing the necessary information and/or answering any relevant questions to the audit teams. Assist AgriBusiness Capital leadership in process documentation to assure the delivery of the highest level of quality work.
2. General Responsibilities.
• Provide support to the VPs AgriBusiness Capital Operations (Credit and Sales) in employee training, internal and external audits, loan reviews, documentation of AgriBusiness Capital processes, procedure manual updates, continual process improvement and other functional responsibilities as assigned to enhance team results and goals. Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards.
• Establish and maintain in conjunction with AgriBusiness Capital Product Manager continual process improvements to increase the effectiveness and functionality of Credit Path system. Help to prioritize, and implement recommended enhancements, changes and upgrades.
• Establish and maintain continual process improvements to AgriBusiness Capital procedure manuals and provide recommendations for process improvements and internal controls to VP AgriBusiness Capital Credit Operations.
• Ensure changes are maintained and verified. Conduct or assist with special projects as requested. Perform other related duties as assigned and participate in an attitude of teamwork within the company.
• Perform follow up procedures and verification to determine corrective action has been taken by the affected team(s) and/or teammates on findings.
• Coordinate, perform or delegate follow up procedures on audit recommendations to determine/verify that industry teams have taken corrective action. Perform other activities designated by the Vice President AgriBusiness Capital Credit Operations.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: Ideal Candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred. Ideal candidate will additionally have a minimum of four years’ experience in public accounting and/or relevant industry internal audit or relevant internal process control experience preferred. Professional certification (CPA or CIA) desired and an understanding of interactions of different processes and workings of systems.
1. Knowledge of audit concepts and techniques, accounting principles, and regulatory agency (such as the Farm Credit Administration) guidelines, regulations and standards.
2. Skill in assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over key risks, identifying significant exposures, analyzing transactions and information, and detecting changes in key risks and/or control effectiveness.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills; to include the ability to articulate the values of a recommendation to audit customers to ensure implementation occurs; and the ability to express concerns, ideas, suggestions, and criticism clearly and succinctly to AgriBusiness Capital leaders.
4. Ability to use various audit and review tools, such as electronic workpapers, risk assessment tools, process mapping, internal control questionnaires, financial estimation, analytical reviews, data analysis, visual observation and statistical sampling to perform audit procedures.
5. Proficient in a Windows environment using various Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL CONTACTS: All levels of Associations’ employees including team members and leaders.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to assess a process or procedure, identify control points, weaknesses and associated risk exposure.
• Ability to apply effective analytical and problem solving/decision making skills and exercise professional judgment, to express opinions on reliability, accuracy, and compliance with internal control systems and operations, and to formulate recommendations for improvements in efficiency and/or effectiveness.
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills, including the ability to use discretion and tact in handling confidential or sensitive matters.
• Initiative and ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, goals, and objectives, and give priority to tasks accordingly without detailed guidance or instructions.
• Ability to satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
• Ability to understand and effectively explain technical information and consult on concepts, programs, terminology and methods.
• Ability to successfully interact with and represent the organization to team members, leaders, Board members, customers, industry specialists, and the public at all levels.
• Ability to operate the telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
• Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
• Ability to use a keyboard/calculator/computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
• Ability to use and understand various computer software programs related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the position. Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
• Ability to travel by auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
• Strong human relations skills to include written and oral communication; and the ability to discuss positive and constructive information in a non-offensive manner.
• Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities.
• Ability to complete work in an acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Associations’ policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Date Posted||January 4, 2019|
|Date Closes||March 5, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, $75,520.00 - $110,610.00|
|SOC Category||13-2011.02 Auditors|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories