Credit Analysts on the Large Producer Underwriting Team work primarily with loans originated through the Retail Delivery Channel for Farm Credit Services of America and Frontier Farm Credit. The analysts will specialize by industry in serving large and often complex loans to agricultural producers and agribusinesses. Credit Analysts work in a team environment to jointly serve the needs of our customers. Duties may extend to providing back up and support to the AgDirect, Retail Credit Underwriting or AgriBusiness Capital Underwriting Teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Common essential functions of all credit analyst positions include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for underwriting activities within the beef/swine/grain portfolio. Conduct analysis of loan and lease requests including an evaluation of character, financial position and progress, repayment ability, collateral and conditions of approval. Assure adequate information is information is available to make the decision. Analyze customer financial statements; which may include balance sheets, trend analysis, income statements, cash flows, collateral analysis, performance reconciliations, credit bureau reports, and commodity brokerage statements. Conduct a differential level of analysis appropriate for the risk presented by the type and size of loan request.
- Participate in consensus decision making on credit requests within delegated authorities or recommend actions requiring higher delegated authority.
- Establish and maintain sound credit administration. Adhere to the Associations’ credit philosophy, procedures and guidelines. Complete documentation to support decisions made. Establish appropriate loan terms and conditions to manage loan risk.
- Coordinate and prioritize work to support teammates and provide a positive customer experience. May direct or coordinate the work of others (Credit Operations Team, Loan Monitoring Analyst, Loan Closers, etc.).
- Perform other credit-related functions needed to properly service the loan portfolio.
- Level 23: Demonstrates proven expertise in credit analysis utilizing a variety of financials, and differential analysis techniques including market based and GAAP quality financials. Strong knowledge of multiple agricultural industries. Will work independently on loans of moderate size and complexity as well as larger and more complex credits. May be familiar with terms and conditions associated with multi-party lending relationships. Some responsibility for the ongoing monitoring and performance of an assigned loan portfolio. Loan approvals negotiated through sizable individual delegated authority or via approval by Loan Committee. Provides significant guidance on loan structure options. May participate in customer facing discussions.
- Level 24 : Demonstrates proven expertise in credit analysis utilizing a variety of financials and more complex analysis techniques including market based and GAAP quality financials. Strong knowledge of multiple agricultural industries. Will work independently on loans of moderate size and complexity as well as larger and more complex credits. Will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring and performance of an assigned loan portfolio. Loan approvals negotiated through significant individual delegated authority or via approval by Loan Committee. Provides significant guidance on loan structure options. Familiar with terms and conditions associated with multi-party lending relationships. Routinely participates in customer facing discussions and negotiations. Provide support and delegated authority to less tenured team members.
- Level 25: Demonstrates significant expertise in credit analysis utilizing a variety of financials and complex analysis techniques including but not limited to market based and GAAP quality financials. In-depth knowledge of a given industry. Routinely negotiate the terms and conditions associated with multi-party lending relationships. Expected to be familiar with underwriting complex loan structures and be a resource for customers and sales teammates. Will be responsible for the ongoing monitoring and performance of an assigned loan portfolio. Will participate and occasionally lead customer facing discussions.
- Often use judgment on credits that exceed $20 million and utilize delegated authority to approve loan requests. Assist and contribute to the development and maintenance of appropriate lending standards.
- Frequent contact with customers, lending partners, and other third-party influencers (CPA’s, Attorneys). Considered a credit/industry expert with expectation of representing the Associations in industry trade groups, presentations, and system activities.
Additional functions of the position may include:
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, finance or other related degree. Experience with an agriculture or trade credit organization preferred. Duties require:
- Ability to locate and interpret Farm Credit Administration (FCA) regulations and district and Association policies, procedures, standards, and expectations.
- Ability to work effectively in an independent, self-motivated manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
- Solid understanding of credit management techniques, credit administration, and loan servicing.
- Ability to convert analysis to a decision.
- Experience in use of computers and databases.
- Ability to study and retain information about agriculture industries.
- Ability to communicate understanding of the industry and the Associations’ policies and positions to internal and external contacts.
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explore
Level 23: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience and/or education related to lending/credit analysis.
Level 24: The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years of experience and/or education related to lending/credit analysis.
Level 25 : The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8+ years of experience and/or education related to lending/credit analysis.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
- Ability to use and understand various computer software programs related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to complete work in acceptable timeframes and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Ability to operate a telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
- Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
- Ability to successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, industry specialists, and the public at all levels.
- Ability to use a keyboard/calculator/computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to travel (up to 30%), via auto or commercial transportation to carry-out essential responsibilities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Associations’ policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.