Responsible for researching, analyzing, processing, verifying, and reconciling activity in the General Ledger and processing systems related to new credit actions and contract revisions for loans. Provide loan accounting support and problem resolution to the Associations’ team members. Assist with the training of other team members and Loan Accounting Specialists. Provide a consistent level of customer service that is timely, thorough, and responsive. Work in a team environment to accomplish goals.
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: None.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Process daily activity into the loan accounting system for customers’ loans, including new accounts, servicing actions, maintenance, and customer loan relationships. Analyze loan accounting processing requests to ensure conformance with policies, procedures, and standardization; understand and interpret legal documentation and forms for input in the loan accounting system; follow-up with the requestor as necessary. Responsible for the accuracy of customer accounting loan data, determine any necessary corrective action and process accordingly.
- Provide support for the Associations’ team members via the phone, email, and Relationship for questions regarding the following: current and historic account information; procedural assistance; and the functioning and functionality of the loan accounting system. Responds to questions in a timely manner. Research complex loan accounting requests, provide responses to the requestor in a timely manner, identify and process any necessary corrective activity, and determine the impact of corrective activity on tax reporting. Requests include rebuilding of loan histories and research for customer and legal requests.
- Reconcile loan clearing accounts to ensure proper application of funds. Monitor, reconcile, and coordinate the necessary entries to maintain assigned General Ledger accounts.
- Review daily activity reports; follow up with the appropriate team, and process any necessary corrective transactions to ensure activity is processed as intended.
- Audit and verify other team members' processed activities to ensure accuracy, adherence to procedures, and internal controls. Identify and explain work requiring corrections to the originator.
- Assist with the training of new Loan Accounting Services team members, as well as provide loan accounting training for the relevant Associations’ team members.
- Process adjustments in the loan accounting system for IRS 1098 and 1099 reporting, and notify appropriate team member of the impact on the tax system.
Assist, as needed, with processing daily cash activity as required, and balance activity entered to the deposit ticket.
LEVEL 18: Incumbents will perform above responsibilities as well as specialize in one of the following areas:
- Credit and Resolution Accounts – Analyze and process activity for Credit and Resolution Accounts loans and leases, including: accelerations; transfers to and from stop accrual; and restructures. Process and monitor acquired property activity including preparing the monthly report of acquired property inventory. Assist with maintaining the appropriate documentation.
- Customer Tax Reporting - Coordinate the Associations’ customer IRS tax reporting functions to include: understanding of reporting requirements and the tax system; entry and reconciliation of the tax data; processing of corrections; final reporting to the IRS; preparation of manual tax forms; and assist with maintaining the appropriate documentation.
- Credit Bureau Reporting – Coordinate the Associations’ credit bureau reporting activity to include: responding to credit bureau corrections and customer disputes; credit bureau corrections in the Associations’ systems; and assist with maintaining the appropriate documentation.
- Country Home Loans – Review the legal documents, reconcile the monetary activity, and book CHL portfolio and secondary market loans. Assist the Consumer Lending Specialist with the CHL clearing accounts on a regular basis to ensure outstanding balances are cleared in a timely manner, as well as assist with maintaining the appropriate documentation.
- AgriBuy Card Support – Coordinate the Associations’ ordering of the AgriBuy Rewards Card with assigned vendor. Serve as liaison between retail offices and vendors on any customer disputes, including lost/stolen cards, disputed transactions, closed accounts and the reissuing of AgriBuy cards.
- AgriPoint/Account Access – Process the Associations’ forms to allow customer access and the daily processing of the ACH’s, stop payments and check reorders.
Additional functions of the position may include: Performs other related duties as assigned.
Level 17: Two-year college degree preferred and/or a combination specialized training and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job function. The ideal candidate will have one to three years related experience in a commercial lending environment. Experience and/or understanding of agriculture preferred.
Level 18: Two-year college degree preferred and/or a combination specialized training and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job function. The ideal candidate will have two to four years related experience in a commercial lending environment. Experience and/or understanding of agriculture preferred. Consistently specialize in one or more of the above specialty areas.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and organize work activities
- Excellent human relations, communications, and customer service skills
- Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of loan, lease and/or General Ledger accounting including working knowledge of interest accruals, loan amortization methods, debits, credits, and balance sheet structure
- Understanding of IRS 1098 and 1099 tax reporting requirements.
- In-depth understanding of the Associations’ procedures, manuals, products, and services
- Strong problem solving skills and decision making skills to determine appropriate actions to take
- Ability to appropriately handle highly sensitive and/or confidential information
- Self starter and ability to work independently within a team environment
- Ability to handle large workload and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to identify errors or inconsistencies in numerical data and calculations and to correct them.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer
All levels of the Associations’ employees; daily contact with retail offices. Occasional contact with external customers; accountants; external auditors, and regulators.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities.
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable time frame and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Ability to operate telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
- Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
- Limited overnight travel and irregular hours required.
- Ability to perform repetitive motions on calculator pad for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to understand and explain various subject matter and consult on concepts, programs, terminology and methods.
- Ability to successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, industry specialists, and the public at all levels.
- Ability to use a keyboard/calculator/computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to use and understand various computer software related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to travel by auto or commercial transportation (up to 5% to carry out essential responsibilities).
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.